Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on replacing coffins on a '94 900. How difficult, cost, parts, etc. Can I just get some levers and master cyclinders off of another Duc from e-bay or salvage and apply them to the monster. I would love pictures, instructions, and in general words of wisdom.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i don't think levers are interchangable between the "coffin" style and gold-line style with the remote reservoirs.

if you get a complete master cylinder with reservoir and lever, you should be able to swap with your coffin directly. you can use the same brake/clutch lines. i'm also pretty sure that the microswitch for the brakelight's the same between types.

if you can't get the brake and clutch m/c's at the same time, i'd suggest getting the brake m/c first, and then follow up with the clutch m/c.

oh yeah... one thing to keep in mind is that if your mirrors mount to the m/c's, you're restricted to using those off a monster. if you're using bar-end mirrors, you can use m/c's off any model ducati.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The levers arent interchangeable between the coffins & the gold line style.
Any Duke with brembos & remote reservoirs will fit - but if you get them off a sportsbike, you wont have the mirror fittings. You can buy the clamps from Ducati for about

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And since you're looking for a new master cylinder, might as well keep your eyes peeled for one of the radial type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts