Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replaced the ugly Coffin reserviors to the pretty cylindrical ones found on the S2R1000?
I searched this topic 4 or 5 different ways, and came up with nothing.

Help for a brother??? ;D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do tell...

[thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
There are 'goldline' masters avail from many of the sponsors (link on left)
$130ish per if memory serves.
or you can get the extra-swanky radial masters for about double that.

or keep an eye out for used ones crashers or upgraders

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of your help!

How difficult is the actual process? I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I'm new to motorcycle modification side of things.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yep, to do the work you'll need a few small parts (brass washers) for the banjo fittings. Some brake fluid, bleed kit, and hand tools.

You might need to find a proper brake light switch. Yo ucould also find the clutch side - or just bypass the interlock on that side.

Disconnect the coffins
Remove the coffins
On the with the goldlines
Replace all the brass washers and reconnect the lines
Bleed the lines - if you can set up to do a 'reverse bleed' it'll be a faster job and you'll need less brake fluid since you won't have to pull fresh fluid all the way though the lines.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There's always some on ebay. They can be picked up new from just about any shop as well.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I actually sold my billet Brembo radials and left my coffins, I think they are cleaner looking than having ugly plastic remote reservoirs, even if you get rizomas, I still think the coffins are a cleaner, tidier look. There were fitment issues with the radials (would need custom lines, and would need to custom fabricate mount spacers for my cycle cat bars, instead I sold them and bought my garmin gps ;D)

I don't see any performance advantage of the goldlines over the coffins anyway. It's purely aesthetic, unless you're changing the piston sizes.

my .02

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
I still think the coffins are a cleaner, tidier look. There were fitment issues with the radials (would need custom lines, and would need to custom fabricate mount spacers for my cycle cat bars, instead I sold them and bought my garmin gps ;D)

I don't see any performance advantage of the goldlines over the coffins anyway. It's purely aesthetic, unless you're changing the piston sizes.

my .02
I feel the same way.....I think they look much cleaner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts