Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
awesome MonsterFred,

When I converted to the dp short tail I too looked at mounting the plate and light down there - I just was not sure what to do with the indicators!! Problem solved - great job.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thay are a poor design for sure. I kind of chuckled when I read the first post about this problem, thinking, "just lift your leg!" Of course I broke one shortly after that. The mount is fragile and in my case affected by cold temps here. I really just brushed it and off it came. I went with a Competition Werkes eliminator and the signals are much more protected. I do like this custom LED set-up but wonder about the plate location. Does it not hit the when the suspension bottoms??

·
Registered
38 Posts
monsterfred that looks really good. is that the 10 leds that you have? it looks really bright already. so, normally the leds just like the rear brake light? gets brighter when u brake? when u turn on signal, it turns yellow? Um...i m thinking stick it just under or above the stock brake light on both side, so i have a more clean tail.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just broke my right rear blinker off. It is very brittle plastic, barely tapped the thing. Oh well will try super glue for a little while until I can buy a fender eliminator and new/better blinkers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reviving an old thread since I am annoyed. I broke this off twice in the past 4 months, once with my foot, once with taking the cover off! Did the new tails (thinking DP short one) solve the problem once and for all?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reviving an old thread since I am annoyed. I broke this off twice in the past 4 months, once with my foot, once with taking the cover off! Did the new tails (thinking DP short one) solve the problem once and for all?
it brought them in closer and higher... the position of them helped avoid breaking them again - the product was the same though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Personally, I like the look of the tail light with integrated turn signals. I got a really nice one from vizitech. It's super bright and blinks when you hit the brakes.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
240 Posts
These KELLERMANN Micro Polo "LED" Turn Signal: Black look pretty good on the M696--and are super bright flashlight LEDs.
They have a metal body with a flexible rubber mount that allows it to take some abuse.

COMPETITION WERKES Fender Eliminator Kit: M696

* Register on the Motowheels website for passwords to access discounts on all non-sale items. The sign-up is under the log-in box in the Products section.
Moto - who makes the short exhaust on the bike in the picture? Do you sell them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just broke mine. I think it happens automatically when start freely questioning Ducati rear fender design. You invoke the wrath of Ducati. In the furure I will be more guarded in my criticism.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear turn signal

I just kicked my rear turn signal. Anybody know where I can get the replacement part for it. I wound't to keep the bike stock for now.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just kicked my rear turn signal off. Anybody know where I can get a replacement for it? I would like to keep the bike stock for now. Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well like another I'm reviving this thread.. I've determined that the stock turn signals on the 09 - 696 are complete garbage.

I have no clue what crappy supplier Ducati chose to make those turn signals but the materials used don't age well. The cheap plastic gets brittle over time making them very susceptible to snap off easily.

And if you don't miraculously kick the right rear one off the clear lenses on them turns yellowish and gets all hazy... like you went at them with some sand paper.

Been looking to replace the stock ones with a set of M-Blaze Edge by MotoGadget. Anyone use any of their stuff?

https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-blaze-edge.html

Not cheap but the fact the main body is made of aluminum is what I'm interested in.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts