Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the handle bars on my 2001 Monster 750 dark with the same type of handlebars as Syd_Monster's 1995 600 Monster.

Syd_Monster's 1995 600 Monster - Featured Monster
http://www.ducatimonster.org/featured/2006nov/featured1106.html

I want to know where I can buy those sort of handles from and at what cost. I like in Italy.. so a European supplier is preffered :)

Also I am after a replacement seat for my bike. Where can I buy the GEL replacement seat?

I have asked my local bike spares stores without any luck, they actually try and put me off buying such parts by saying "to modify it is sacraligious" *unsure* umm.. yeh WHATEVER u say yourself... tw4ts ROFL

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There's a number of manufacturers that make clip-ons that are similar to those. Cyclecat, Vortex,, woodcraft, Tomaselli to name a few. They look like your basic clip-on, moucnted below the top triple. Prices range from about $100-300 USD Depending on maker and finish.

DP makes a gel seat. But if you look in the 'how to' section I think there's a tutorial about modding the stock seat to add a gel pad.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My monster is the Dark version (see attached image).

Im wanting to have the front forks anodised for gold ones... may even actually buy some aftermarket front forks that are allready gold.. but not yet... strapped for cash at the moment.. it was just xmas ROFL

I want all the front chrome parts to be black, except the forks themselves. And I also want to replace the foot rest parts (which used to hold the old low mount exhausts) with black ones that dont have that big round hole in them... it just looks nasty at the moment. Once the clip-on handles are on I may remove the front screen... not too keen on it because it doesnt shape itself around the headlight the way I want it to, it kinda cuts accross the headlight at the top, it doesnt bend around the headlight.

I have seen the Tomaselli clip-ons, but not the others. I want them to be black in color, which ones come stock as black? Also.. scale of 1-100 how hard is it to fit the clip-ons? What additional parts are neccessary to add them?

Cheers for all the help so far mate :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
The "feline" tail section is rather cool .
Like its 'Dark" theme...
Is that DP too? [thumbsup]

SJ

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Look at some of the better on-line stores, you'll be able to find a variety of clip-ons. They don't need to be Ducati specific or any suck - just the right diameter. Should be 50mm on your bike.

I know cycle cat comes in black - but they are the most costy too. Not sure about others

To do them like Syds, is not hard - but will take some time. And *may* require different lines, as your stockers might be too long once you move the control locations below the triples.

The basic job will be:
Remove front fairing and headlight bucket to allow easy access to lines.
Remove stock controls from stock bars.
Remove stock bar.
Remove top Triple
Fit clip-ons - loosely bolt into proposed position.
Test fit control sets on bars.
Figure out new cable, wire and hose paths if needed.
*assuming that's an easy job aka skipping steps*
Replace top triple.
Decide on final position for clip-on clamps and secure.
Decide on tube length and cut as needed.
Drill the cut tubes for control mounts
Mount controls and grips
Secure tubes in clip-on clamps.

All that assumes minimal re routing of cables hoses etc. if you need to change out cables or disconnect the hydraulic lines, you'll need to deal with that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the detailed workthrough mate :)

I allways have a pussy at hand, pussy cat that is ROFL

Im wanting the swingarm black aswell, same finish as the framework... still waiting on a quote for it.. curious what paint is best for that *wonders*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts