Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not very exciting, I know, but what replacement grips have folks used and recommend? I'm especially interested in grips that will help deaden vibration....

·
Registered
14 Posts
put in some bar end to get rid of the vibration worked great. and then some good gel grips

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I went to the local bike shop and bought some mtn. bike grips which I think are awesome. They were onlyh 13 bucks too! Go check out the selection at the shop as most mtn. bike grips fit our bars too!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm looking for barrel-shaped grips. Something thicker, to get a better grip on and reduce hand cramps. And not foam, either; there are plently of cruiser grips made of foam. In my bicycle experience, foam grips tear too easily, squirm under your hand, and soak up water then release it into your gloves.

So far I've found Sunline Grand Touring grips. Anyone try these? Or anything similar? Or do you just use a throttle rocker/meister?
Rene Carlos

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
These were rubber dual density grips from specialized that I bought. No foam. I like you hate foam too. Keep an open mind and go check out the bicycle shops.
-Patrick

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was looking at how the throttle side grip was put on and it appears to be shaped and tabbed to index on the throttle barrel which has some raised rings and grooves. In english, I dont think the left and right grips are the same. Do I have my head up my a$$ or has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was looking at how the throttle side grip was put on and it appears to be shaped and tabbed to index on the throttle barrel which has some raised rings and grooves. In english, I dont think the left and right grips are the same. Do I have my head up my a$$ or has anyone else noticed this?
No, you are cool, the gripes have a different inner diameter. As you noticed the throttle grip is larger. Additionally, the throttle sleeve has raised strips and rings which mate to the stock grip for a secure fit. I had to grind the rings off to correctly fit the Pro-Grip

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for the confirm, Bud. Dremel them off it is as I am anal about this stuff too! Bevel Heaven has a really sharp looking pair of Tommaselli Daytona repro grips with the throttle ridge . Very old school.Must Have...(droool)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have just taken off a set of grips off my bike that say Tomaselly on them. I thought they were stock. I did not find them all that comfortable, once I installed the clipons, but if anyone is interested contact me.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts