Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I had a spill on my M696 and the shifter is now broken. Had to buy a pair of vice grips just to get it home. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement shifter ( I need one that looks almost exactly like the one I just broke)? I would really appreciate the help since I need to get it replaced asap.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
197 Posts
bummer.

i don't know anything off hand. the only thing i can think of is asking the service dept. of a dealer who sells a number of different brands alongside ducati.

i do know that some ducati parts/accessories are taking FOREVER to arrive...been waiting for bar ends and LED turn signals for some six weeks now. i've also been waiting that long for speedy moto frame and axle sliders...

·
Registered
197 Posts
do the parts from germany arrive any quicker than from ducati in italy...:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably not, but getting the parts from a European dealer is going to cost me more than if I was to go call a US Ducati dealer. I'm really looking for anyone who knows a salvage yard that specializes in motorcycle parts. I really would hate to pay for a part that's going to cost me 80 bucks and then could snap off again later on down the road if I drop it again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
get some frame sliders. i have speedy moto + front and rear axle sliders on order for the 1100 & 696.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered one from www.commoto.com yesterday...They have the full parts catalog available online. Just put in the part number after reading it off of the catalog, and it'll give you a price once you put it in your shopping cart.

·
Registered
197 Posts
that's good to know.

let us know how long it takes to arrive. i think OEM parts arrive a lot quicker (less than two weeks) than DP accessories.

cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered Rizoma bars, grips, and barends from partsworldshop.com in Switzerland last monday, had them here in Panama City, FL on Wednesday AM. Can't beat that! Still waiting for everything to come from Commoto in Kentucky...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts