Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am looking at buying a 2nd hand 750s Ducati that has been tipped over once. The owner has just bought a new fuel tank, and has had it painted in a Ducati store, to the same colour as the original. Unfort I don't live in the same town as the seller so I can't check it out - has anyone out there had past experiences with this and how have they worked out? Can you tell? Does it forever impact the re-sale value of the bike? Also, aside from a few other scratches the bike is apparently okay (the bike was stationary when it fell) - are there oftentimes hidden mechanical issues that emerge after bikes have tipped over? Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
State where the tank is at, maybe someone on the board will eyeball it for you. Maybe start a new thread like "" Who lives in Bumphuque, Nevada or etc.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If I were you I'd definitely try to see the bike and test ride it before you pay for it. At the very least, have someone from the board look at it for you. The reason I say this is I would be a little suspicious about why he needed to put a "new" tank on the bike and not just have his tank repaired. If the bike fell over while stationary it couldn't have been damaged beyond repair. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but new tanks cost around $1,500, and come painted. Most likely he bought a used/repaired tank and is having it painted to match. He could be trying to cover for more significant accident by saying that the bike fell over while stationary. The only way to really know about the damage would be to see it for yourself. I don't mean to scare you off I just want to make sure you're cautious about your purchase.

Good luck in your hunt for your monster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts