Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly 24K on the 900 and the stock slave cylinder has finally started to leak! I have a few maintenance items upcoming (including a new clutch, plate, springs, etc) and am need to economize with tuition costs in my future, so I wanted to ask:

Is it possible or advisable to replace the seal on my clutch slave cylinder piston, and is this likely to stop the leaking, or do I absolutely have to bite the bullet and replace the whole thing? Has anybody just replaced the seal, and if I do this could it last me another 24K?

Before anybody jumps on me and tells me how cool or smooth they're Evo cylinder is, you're preaching to the choir - but the collection plate is a little light. Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Has anybody just replaced the seal, and if I do this could it last me another 24K?!
It cost next to nothing to replace the seal, but unfortunately that probably won't cure your problem the inside walls of the cylinder is disintegrating. It has pits and corrosion which will be next to imposable to get smooth and seal properly. It isn't that it won't work for a time it will just won't last. You can order a 1/8 x 3/4 x 1.0 cup seal make sure it has the proper rating for brake fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts