Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have a 797 2018. I am looking for an option to replace the oem exhaust. At the agency they told me that only exhausts with the map-up can be used and the only one I could find was the Termignoni and I don't like very much the looks of them. Do you guys know if there are any other options?? They told me that if I used a regular exhaust I could have issues because of the pressure of the engine or something like that...

·
Registered
294 Posts
By "Agency" I expect you're referring to the dealership. They are partially correct on one account. Adding more fuel to the map is a good idea once unburdening yourself of the catalytic converter and adding a more free flowing exhaust. It's better for the overall health of the motor and the only way you'll get any notable gains from the exhaust other than looks and sound. I do know that there are a countless number of aftermarket systems for the 797. I would recommend finding the style you're interested in going with and then search out a manufacturer that matches to a certain degree and offers a 797 setup. Other than that, hopefully someone on the forum with more personal experience on that bike can offer you more information on options for adding fuel to the map other than the dealership setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Competition Werkes with the DB killer on mine. Absolutely love it! Great quality, sound and customer service. WAY better than the Termi and dirt cheap for the quality.

DVY is right, not going to see any real performance from an aftermarket can unless you get a tune. I haven’t pulled the trigger on a Rexxer unit yet but that would definitely clean up the fuel map. You will hear different things about if a tune is really needed but I’m not tremendously concerned about doing any damage. Any good aftermarket can and a tune is way less than the Termi anyway and you will get more out of it.

Here’s a link to the CW

website.https://www.competitionwerkes.com/search?q=make-ducati-year-2017-model-monster-797&type=product

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Pick the exhaust you would like to install and contact them. Many exhaust manufacturers support their products with fuel maps and technical help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put a GPR Furore Carbon on mine yesterday and damn did the bike run better and sound evil even with the Db killer. The quality was unbelivable for the price paid $AUD550, so that is less than a 1/3 of the $AUD1850 a Termi costs so a Rexxer EVO is planned and I'll still be so far in front. I need to get a longer bolt to mount it how I want but those are the breaks as it was designed for the Scrambler. Based on how its running the 4000rpm surging is better but not gone, but overall running much harder than the stock and will accelerate to the rev limited much faster then before. Handling is kinda weird getting rid of the stocker that must be close to 6kg? hanging from the back of the engine. Actually weird as you can now see through the swingarm to the drive chain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the Termignoni added before I picked up the bike, includes a fuel remap. I run mine without the dbKiller, and it sounds awesome. The do come in two finishes I think, Chrome or Carbon Fiber if that helps the way it looks for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts