Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I'm another victim of the infamous exploding ducati battery, anyway...How do you guys suggest someone go about repairing etching on the frame, and motor. Its a pre-owned bike, and the previous owner never repaired the etching so now they are little rust spots. My frame is a metallic black, and motor standard grey.

My thought was to carefully and gently blast off the rust with my dremmil, then touch it up with some paint. I guess my biggest issue is where do I find ducati motor, and frame touchup paint? Any ideas?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey man, bummer about the acid damage. The same exact scenario existed for me. i bought a used 750 with motor & frame damage. silver motor & gold frame. i still haven't found a match for the silver yet. but i did find a very very close match from http://www.color-rite.com/ for the gold. give them a call, they have a lot of paint.

i sanded down the frame where the spills existed to remove the rust, then touched it up. it looks 10x better. not perfect though.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be taking this project on myself sometime this summer also. I have one pretty noticable rust spot forming on the side of the rear cylinder. Hopefully someone finds a good match for the engine silver.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi guys,

Check the Fast by Ferraci web site, the have color match touch up paint for the frames, I have the gold frame and the touch up paint (it looks like a marker) is very close to the original and is farly cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts