Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on three weeks waiting for parts. I understand Ducati NA is not as bad as it used to be in getting parts. The few mechanics at different dealers in SoCal I've talked to seem to know their stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a local duc mechanic who can get me in anytime.;D Don't have to wait a month like at the shop.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Technically I wasn't waiting for Ducati to fix the motorcycle, but I had to wait almost a month for guages to come in, and it only took a few minutes to install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One month waiting for a base gasket to come in for the S4!
The sad thing was, I called three other shops in the area and found the part in stock. My nearest dealer never even tried to get it locally so that the bike would be back on the road, just kept shining us on about waiting for Ducati N.A. All of this under warranty! A definite black mark for this dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, its gonna be a couple of more weeks, oh well. :'( It appears that most people have found good people to wrench thier bike and/or do it themselves. So, I guess the hold up is getting the parts. I have heard that it was much worse in the past trying to get parts.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I NEVER wait for parts to come from Ducati anymore. ::)
if your dealer doesnt have it on the shelf, find one that does.

ducati seattle and bcm ducati have always been able to hook me up

·
Registered
588 Posts
Availability of Genuine Duc Parts in Australia does not appear to be the best.

Usually have to wait 3-5 days for just about any part you order from a Northern dealer.

I've also got a Tacho kit & Speedo Drive unit that has been on order for nearly a month now & they just advised that it's not due into Australia till Mid December.

C'mon Ducati Australia, i'm sure this can be improoved!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought I would bump this again since I emailed Ducati and Ducati NM to look at this poll.
The mechanic thought my problem was a wiring harness in the ignition system, but after replacing it the problem is still there. He now thinks it is a throttle position sensor. So i guess it's going to take another couple weeks to get that part. My concern is that if this is not the problem then do I have to wait two or three weeks for each part the mechanic wants to replace?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SoCalSar,
The problem is that the motor acts like it is running on one cylinder, backfires, hesitates and lack of power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
took mine in for 600 mile service on a Thursday. Shop said they would have it done by Saturday but at most Monday. By Wednesday they were still working on it but I got it that afternoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts