Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a rather brutal dent/sratch on the tank my 2001 Ducati Monster M900 Dark I.E and was wandering if anyone had any experience in repairing such 'issues'. Dent itself is about the size of a closed fist but only about an inch / inch and a half deep.

How much do you reckon it would cost to get the dent 'bashed' out and then resprayed in Ducati matt black?

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
555 Posts
there are sponsors who do repair tanks as well as ducpainter (mod)
you will be very happy with the repaired tank ....if

the cause of the ding didn't weaken the already marginal tank mount, not uncommon for the tanks to leak after an oops . just have the hinge repaired/strengthened and then the tank sealed.

you are not that critical of paint matches on the flat paint jobs, best to get all of your painted parts sprayed at the same time to keep things uniform. Or put on a carbon front fender, or paint it a new color.

best of luck
cheers

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I took it to a guy I know that works at a car repair shop to do in his spare time. He did a pretty good job except for a drip blob right at the front corner. It's barely noticeable. He charged me $300.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
DP also did an impressive fix-it job on a carbon tank for one of the local monster folks. Drop him a line I'm sure he's seen a similar tank to yours and could give a pretty good estimate based on past experience

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a local guy pop the dent out from mine for $50. He did it al paintless (no welded on studs) then I had the whole bike painted for $500. will have pics when it's sunny outside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts