Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Remus slip on? I know someone who has a Remus slip on exhaust for $55o in carbon fiber. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have DP remus oval alum cans and love them. I've heard arrows, termi, leo vince and like them as well, but I like the remus just as much. I think the carbons will be a little deeper than my alums

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys have any pics of what they look like?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an S2R 800 so im guessing that the Remus is one can and not two like my stock set up. But you like the sound from it?

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
The Remus Slip-on for S*R series is a 2 pipes in 1 can style muffler.

I saw one up close and it looks a little bulky on the back of the monster...

no pics, no first hand experience, sorry.

Q

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have remus slip ons :) High profile ones tho, and its for the 2001 monster dark 750.

They are still being fitted, and by looks of it they are a pain in the a$$ to fit. Here is what they should look like when finished :)

http://www.remus.at:8080/media/products/ducati/083182156101LR.gif

2004 monster S2R 800 (single pipe, 2 into one muffler)
http://www.remus.at:8080/media/products/ducati/053182157503.gif

2006 Monster S4R (2 seperate pipes)
http://www.remus.at:8080/media/products/ducati/013182157006LR.gif

Oh and Remus dont make carbon fibre end cans anymore. They only do aluminium and titanium. The reason being that the carbon ones were CATCHING FIRE!!!! I wanted to order the carbon ones but was told that.. thats why I got the aluminium ones with carbon heat shield.

So u gona buy second hand carbon ones... known to catch fire... your choice.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Catch on fire holy hell :eek:. I like the look of that 04 S2R with it on. The price was $550 for a new slipon. Its a frend who owns a bike shop. I may have to rethink this.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
ChrisR1982Edin said:
So u gona buy second hand carbon ones... known to catch fire... your choice.
Um, doubtful. There are tens of thousands of bikes with carbon mufflers. Normally when a manufacturer discontinues CF, it's due to cost reasons. But, anyway, in my 13 years of selling moto parts, that's one thing I have yet to see or hear about 1st hand.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know many manufacturers sell carbon cans and yeh it is doubtfull but when I ordered the parts for my bike the mechanic told me that Remus had discontinued for that reason *shrugs* whether they just told him that or not I dont know. But in the end I went for the aluminium. I would have preffered the carbon ones personally, would have fitted in better with the colors of my bike :( but the carbon ones have been discontinued for whatever reason.

13 years? wow!! Well in that case it must be bullsh*t but thats what I was told from the dealer *shrugs*

get the carbon ones mate, they look the bomb, and I would have got them if they were available :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts