Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a hi-mount full exhaust system for my S4R and I'm torn between Remus and Zard. Can any of you guys offer any insights, experiences or suggestions on loudness, power, build quality, ease of installation?

I'm in a real quandry!!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have the Ti Zards. End caps of Remus and Zards are quite different. Depends on what you prefer. If you get the CF Zards they may well have black end caps. Don't the Remus have some chrome components? Zards don't have any chrome. Personally I don't want any chrome on my bike (the headlight bezel is my next mod). I particularly like the Zard's fat looking pipes and the way they come up on the right side, and the clear view they give of the rear wheel. My only misgiving about the Zards is I think the high mount style is maybe getting a little old now. In the future I may well replace it with an under engine exhaust like a Quat D for a more modern look. But for now I wasn't satisfied that the Quat D was going to give me the sound I wanted. The Zards are plenty loud and deep. Another issue is the lack of heat shield. It's very likely that you'll melt your boot onto the pipe unless you do something about it. There are plenty of threads here with solutions to this problem so just pick one that's right for you. Regarding fitting I don't know- I had the shop do it. Build quality was excellent but I heard from a guy who discovered a small dent on a can, and a small scrape on an end cap. Give them a thorough look over before plunking down the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.