Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...IAMHHAWAII and his girlfriend, monsteradmirer, came over on Saturday. First off, let me say that after a being on the DML a LOOOOOOOOONG time, it's nice to finally actually meet one of ya'all in person. Now that the hugs are out of the way, on to the mod

Some of you may remember monsteradmirer asking advice on what pipes to buy her boyfriend a couple months ago. Well, she went with Remus c/f high pipes.

The directions SUCK. Crazy suck. But they're better than the directions I got with the Gianelli's I put on my M620 (there were none). The Remus pipes require a lot more wrenching than the Gianelli pipes, too. They also seem a bit "mobile" in place; they don't want to hold in position very well.

That aside, these things sound AWESOME. I don't know if Jonathan was smiling more or me. But WOW. If Remus comes through with an exhaust for the S4R, I may lean that way. They also look very nice. More clearcoat than my gianellis ever had.

Anyway, it was definitely cool to meet some DMLers in person and also to see the Remus up close. Hopefully Jonathan will post some pics

H

·
0 Posts
You might want to check your installation. The 2 sets or Remus I've installed, were so solid you could lift the bike by them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My Remus do or did a little tail wag also. I found some thing exhaust tape and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D

·
0 Posts
Most hi mounts don't line up perfectly, my Sil's are a little offset also, and a lot of people I ride w/ have the same deal w/ there Sil's or Remus...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I will try and get some pics up by this weekend. Pipes sound great, they have a real deep groan (best heard during engine breaking). I put my monster up against the same '03 M800 of a friend of mine's and it makes it sound like a low powered electric weed whacker in comparison. As for the loudness, well, I have kicked off about 10 car alarms in the last couple of days, some of wich were no where near me and in relatively loud areas.

These babys are so loud that I may end up getting some sort of noise suppresion system for them, I would do it only if it did not mess with the quality of the sound though as it is top notch. I thought I saw some info about removable sound supressors, I may do some research later on for that. For now though.... Roar baby ROAR!!!

The install was a bit of a pain, especcially the mounting brackets!!, they took the two of us about an hour each to just get them mounted, and we had to use quite a bit of brute force to get it to work at all wich ended up leaving some plyer teeth marks on the mounting (nothing too bad though). I wish they would have provided a slightly bigger selection of spacers, as the left side foot pegs could have used some finer adjustment when reinstalling them. Also a parts list would have been a nice touch

Anybody thinking of switching from stock to high-perfomance slip-ons, I would reccomend buying and installing a customizable fuel injection chip like a power commander (and possably a new intake system) at the same time. The bike gets really choppy in first gear when using the stock system with the new pipes. The fuel/air mix is just off a little and you can really feel it.

Anywy, I am super happy with them!, I am going to have to move into a house with a garrage next so that I can continue to do mods..

Finally I want to express a huge aloha to whitedragon13 for not only helping me with the install, but also taking all kinds of things apart to show me what is going on under the hood. Now that I know what is in there all I want to do is mess with it all to see what happens..... hmmm on second though, maybe I should not have known.... Seriously though, thanks for taking the better part of a saturday to help me out, I would not have been able to do it without you.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no problem! I'm ready to help out anytime...hopefully the next mod is a little less painful.

as for loudness, they're maybe a bit louder than the Gianellis, but definitely deeper and more clear. The gianellis had a metallic sound to them at high revs. Jonathan's Remus sound like God's Ducati probably sounds...

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I thought my Remus were quiet, compared to my D&D's on my 748, those sound like the Devil's Ducati.
Staintune has removable endcaps but I don't think Remus do. I bet they can't hear you in the next state!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought my Remus were quiet, compared to my D&D's on my 748, those sound like the Devil's Ducati.
Staintune has removable endcaps but I don't think Remus do. I bet they can't hear you in the next state!!!
I can't emagine much louder, but am really happy with the sound I got. I hear you played a part in reccomending the Remus, and I am much appreciative.

I am on the fence about toning it down anyway, I just love it so much. I guess it depends on where I live next, if it is super residential, I may look into toning it down when comming home late, and if I cant... oh well the neibors will just have to get used to it. I found that if I lay off the gas and put her in neutral, she quites down, so I could always pick up some speed and coast into my garrage.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
There are not many pipes that only make it a wee bit louder. At least the Remus are a quality deep rumble, not just tinny sounding mufflers. My neighbors probably hate me as my commuter is super loud. They are just jealous their La-Z-Boy doesn' t sound like that, except after burritos.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are not many pipes that only make it a wee bit louder. At least the Remus are a quality deep rumble, not just tinny sounding mufflers. My neighbors probably hate me as my commuter is super loud. They are just jealous their La-Z-Boy doesn' t sound like that, except after burritos.
amen, troy...amen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts