Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a set off of ebay for a good price. now, i am wondering exactly how loud will they be? are they basically remus pipes with ducati's name on the side or have they been modified or changed somehow? i can't wait to hear this bike after the pipes. since the monster is my first brand new motorcycle i haven't had to purchase exhaust before. all my other bikes had the exhaust already upgraded. i am looking forward to experiencing 'the awakening.' thanks for any input.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD FIGHT!

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Re: REMUS DUCATI PERFORMANCE SLIP-ONS...

I had the titanium ones on my 620. They make the little 620 sound mean >:D Not ear shattering loud but they are not quiet either.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Markus said:
Edit to my original humbug post.....

Your pipes will sound great. Enjoy them.
:)
i didn't think your original post was 'humbug' at all. it was exactly the info i was looking for. the only thing is i noticed you have a 900. i was curious to know if they would be less ear shattering on a smaller displacement motorbike. but, i feel sert monster has answered that question.

MERRYCHRISTMAS

·
Premium Member
366 Posts

out of curiousity did you order the pipes from koups.com off of ebay? Thats where i just got my replacement pipes in aluminum for $389

·
Registered
702 Posts

I've got Remus (DP) carbon low ovals on my M900. I think they sound great. Not overly loud or sharp but not mellow either. They have set off a few car alarms but none of my neighbors have complained in two plus years I've lived here.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

nissontek said:
i didn't think your original post was 'humbug' at all. it was exactly the info i was looking for. the only thing is i noticed you have a 900. i was curious to know if they would be less ear shattering on a smaller displacement motorbike. but, i feel sert monster has answered that question.

MERRYCHRISTMAS
Then I'm glad you had a chance to read that post. And it's sounds like other posters with similar displacement M's have answered with better info than I have with my 900.

I came back to my post a few hours after writing it and thought... "Shoot, I probably just got this guy all worked up about pipes he hasn't even received yet... on Christmas, no less. I'm a jerk." :-[ Hence the Edit.

I'm sure you'll like the sound... Remus cans sound awesome. In my case, they were a bit too loud for my tastes but that was solved easily enough with a set of DB killers.

Happy holidays!
:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ok, i installed the new pipes tonight and they sound awesome! they don't quite bolt up to the foot peg mount (if it is stock is it called a 'rearset'?) so, i will be modding some sort of mount for the both of them. darn, i have to mod some more... >:D

i will wait until i install the slave cylinder i got for christmas to post pics.

[size=16pt]UPDATE!! NOW LOUD AND PROUD!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE $300 CAN MAKE!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Them things are long...... I think you need to chop them >:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts