Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the right way to remove the UGLY Charcole can on my S4R. I just took it off and reconected the hoses the way they were (less can). Now it seems to be harder to start, but other than that runs fine. Was i suposed to plug the hoses?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You most likely have created a vacuum leak. When you remove the canister you need to plug all holes you create. There should be one each for the carbs. I think this is how it goes. There are numerous threads on the board that discribe the right size screws to use and all or you could order a kit from http://www.tpoparts.com/products/emissionssystem.html.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
short M5 button screws will do the trick. use some high-temp locktite and you're golden. buy at the local store and save some $$ compared to the tpo "kit". especially with the s4r's unit just hanging off the engine, there's really no need for anything at all aside from the two screws and locktite.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I used 5mm allen heads to plug the holes where I took out the vacuum connectors. The only tricky part was finding a suitable place to mount the horn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts