Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my plastic side panels...is there anything that I should know before doing it? What am I going to have to hide or tuck under? I remember a thread on this a while back, but the search doesn't want to seem to cough it up.

Thanks,
gnew

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
On the right hand side is a wiring harness, but that's easy enough to re-route and tuck away so you don't see it. Along the left hand side is an ignition module. Unfortunately, this one's not quite as easy to move. I'm going to come up with some type of bracket to mount it under the seat. But that also means I'm gonna need to come up with a longer ignition cable.

W

·
0 Posts
I've got this Ducati Performance catalog and it has some really small side panels. Although I can't seem to find them online. They accomplish the goal of showing more frame which looks super cool, but it is enough to cover the things that need to be covered.

The part number is 96952002B, if that helps??

There are a couple items in this catalog that I want and can't seem to find online.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
My ignition cable is quite short and doesn't give me the option of moving it under the seat. Still planning on working something out...

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

J

·
0 Posts

Don't know if this will be a problem in the weather or not . . . don't really care about aesthetics - it's naked.

jb

·
Registered
164 Posts
That looks pretty smooth, but what is that metal thing on the left side, looks like a cylinder of some kind?? Did you have to do any major mods to anything or just some rearranging? Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
That's the coil for the rear cylinder - it could be relocated. When my tank is gone getting un-dented I'm going to relocate it and take the tabs off and touch up the frame.

I did relocate one of the harness connectors on the right side to behind the frame under the rear master cylinder - zip ties are great!

jb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts