Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size of hex tool - or what special tool - should I be using to remove the re-usable mesh oil filter on my M800i.e.? The manual recommends removing and cleaning it with fuel every 2nd oil change or something. I removed the cap and had a look at visible end of the filter, and it looks as though the previous owner mangled it a little so I don't want to repeat the feat...

Please advise.

Intrepid

·
Registered
635 Posts
What size of hex tool - or what special tool - should I be using to remove the re-usable mesh oil filter on my M800i.e.? The manual recommends removing and cleaning it with fuel every 2nd oil change or something. I removed the cap and had a look at visible end of the filter, and it looks as though the previous owner mangled it a little so I don't want to repeat the feat...

Please advise.

Intrepid
If my mind don't play tricks on me, 14mm... Not at home at this time so, as said, "If my mind don't play tricks"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mangled the mesh?

Did the previous owner mangle the mesh?

If thats the case I would go ahead and replace that with something a little stronger, maybe try some type of different metal mesh?

http://www.bwire.com/

They have some options there depending on how fine you want to go, I would use stainless steel wire mesh, always seems to last the longest without too much wear and tare to the point that it is no longer usable.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
The filter is there to protect the oil pump, it cant wear out. If yours is damaged, replace it they are not expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts