Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don’t have an outlet in my shed/garage I’d need to disconnect the battery. And since my monster has a DynoJet Injection Kit connected/on-top of the battery, I hope the FAQ I found on their website such that by removing the battery (winterizing for about 3 months) wouldn’t not erase the mapping in the injection kit.
http://www.powercommander.com/faq/faq11.htm

Anyone with similar situation and/or experience?

Since I just got the bike and my first time taking the battery out, it seems like I simply need to un-screw the negative end, then un-screw the positive end, un-tie the rubber band; then take it inside and charge it while putting the bike inside the garage under its nice/warm cover ... Sorry for such "Nu-B" question, but after reading numerous FAQs and How-Tos, these steps are what I've picked up thus far.

·
Banned
33 Posts
I am not familiar with anything Dynojet, but do have an alternative for you. Is it possible to run an outdoor extension cord to your bike? You could then attach batter tender cables to you battery, run the cables out the frame, and plug in your bike. Just a thought, S...

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
The fuel maps in your ecu are written to a non-volitile memory, losing power will not cause them to be erased. You could unplug that battery for a decade and it your computer wouldn't know the difference.

Also, sounds like you've got the removal technique down.

Justin

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A.Duc.H.Duc. said:
The fuel maps in your ecu are written to a non-volitile memory, losing power will not cause them to be erased. You could unplug that battery for a decade and it your computer wouldn't know the difference...
Thanks J - biggest fear is that I put the battery back in Mar/Apr next year, put the DynoJet lead into the Neg. end of battery, and bike won't start or engine runs funny. BUT it all sounds like the EEPROM will hold my current settings, and the only thing I need to reset is my clock on the LCD.

Which brings this to another question, what about the odometer? I couldn't really find where the memory of a Ducati monster is located at? Just want to be through in my head before disconnecting stuff.

-Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.