Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
<heresy>
I have to say that, after last year, I'm kind of ambivalent about going again. Much of the time I was there I was thinking, "you know I could be watching at home with a cold beer..." :-\
</heresy>

It *is* a good place and time to catch up with friends you haven't seen in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
It was nice an' warm, well organized.....I liked it.

Oh, and the Hotel rates are very fair, as well.

[thumbsup]

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'm torn. I dunno how much longer MotoGP is going to be in the US so I want to see it while it here. And I love hanging out with everyone. But I'm with ya, Michael, on the cold beer at home. Not to mention avoiding the expense and hassle of the weekend.

It's gonna be a last minute call for me, I think.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I like watching it there and hanging out with my old friends (like Federico Minoli) and then going home on Sunday night and rewatching the race with some cold beers.

For me, there really is something special about getting to hang out with 90k moto enthusiasts.

G

·
Yeah, US MotoGP totally sucks.

But in a good way! I'll be going again next year.

Now I know this'll be considered heresy, but I think it'd be better if they held the USGP at Barber.

Then again, let me amend that: We're the US. of ****ing A. We should have two GPs with one at Laguna and one at Barber.

Can I get an Amen?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
Yeah, US MotoGP totally sucks.

But in a good way! I'll be going again next year.

Now I know this'll be considered heresy, but I think it'd be better if they held the USGP at Barber.

Then again, let me amend that: We're the US. of ****ing A. We should have two GPs with one at Laguna and one at Barber.

Can I get an Amen?
Amen! And Spain gets three races? What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Michael Moore said:
Amen! And Spain gets three races? What's up with that?
Look at the sponsor list, Fortuna, Repsol, all Spanish Companies. Marlboro and Yamaha are american but probably sell more cigs in Europe than the states. Marlboro is extremely popular overseas, here they are extremely sued. Where would you advertise the most?
Spain is nuts for racing, riders are like National Heroes. Nicky was on page 7 in USA today. Rossi front page, even in second place.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Also the rights-holder, Dorna, is a Spanish company. I thought it was interesting that the 3 Italian riders in GP finished 2,3,4 -- all in front of the first Spanish rider. :)

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
bigiain said:
Ummm, I know some of you guys think Canada is just another American state, but come on, Yamaha is from _Japan_!!!

;)

big
My goof, I meant their sponsor Camel.
We do not think Canada is an American state, we consider it a territory.

·
Registered
355 Posts
[ I dunno how much longer MotoGP is going to be in the US so I want to see it while it here. ]

Three more years,by contract, if they dont re-sign, I would regret missing any one of them, if we get another 5 years, I will make the call then....I cant imagine the rates for hotels/ tickets will EVER go down. Even if its another venue in the US. If someone else signs the race away from Laguna , I would have to factor in travel expenses..... 2007 will be the first time an American will be sporting the # 1 plate in some time , NH is the greatest American hero in racing, for now. and I dont care much for Honda , besides were else can I spend 600 dollars in four days so close to home and be hot/crowded/thirsty/hungry and love it [clap]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts