Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out from my local dealer yesterday that they will remap my stock computer to accomodate slipons and a K&N filter, with the snorkels removed from my airbox, for about $35!!! They said it would only take about 1/2 an hour and all I pay is labor. SWEET!! All this time I thought I was fooked because no ecu's were available for the M620's, and the one that I found out is available is like $700, not for me thanks. So anyone who just needs a little computer tune up, ask your dealer. I think it's a great deal since I won't be modifing my bike beyond the pipes and air filter.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Re: remapping stock computer

I'll be eager to hear whether your dealer is successful in that regard. It's my understanding that the current ECU's are not re-mappable.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

you are correct, Peter. they can't be remapped, but they can be set to run richer or leaner. usually works okay for can/airbox mods.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok, then I used the wrong terminology when I said remapping. Whatever it is that they will be doing is fine by me and hundreds of $$$ less than what I expected.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I had the dealer adjust the mixture after adding high mount termignonis and the TPO beast intake. The best he could do was to set the bike very rich at low rpms to avoid an overly lean mixture at high rpms.

I have since replaced the TPO intake with the stock airbox with great results. The Termis sound great and the bike is much more responsive through the entire rpm range.

If you are set on an open airbox, I would suggest the FIM ECU ($650) or the Power Commander III ($320 + another $250 for a dyno tune) for optimal results.

M

·
0 Posts

BPR,

I have a 2003 800 too and I was thinking about trying the TPO filter system. Would you recommend it?

Thanks,
murry

·
Registered
74 Posts

Murry,

I am convinced you have to combine the open intake with something like a FIM ECU or a Power Commander to realize its full potential. Your dealer can use the Mathesis to avoid an overly lean mixture, but the bike will be sluggish at higher RPMs.

You will gain great looks and sound, but without the proper remapping you will be disappointed with the performance results.

Start your performance mods with a larger rear sprocket - inexpensive and well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts

I had the same delima when I was looking to open my airbox. I have the TPO inake & I also have a TFI Box to adjust the air/fuel throughout the RPM range. I have a much better curve now & my bike isn't runnig lean anymore. Check out theTFI Box @ www.Techlusion.com

·
Premium Member
309 Posts

Retro:

I do have it somewhere. I'll try to track it down & get it scanned so I can post it.

Hummmm, I wonder where it could be hiding?

·
Registered
403 Posts

Right before my 600 mile service I bought Remus low mounts and installed them on my S4. The dealer richened up the mixture at no charge while doing the service.
It runs excellent now.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts

For those of you in the mile high area, we still run rich even with intake/exhaust mods, since the EFI apparently doesn't have a pressure sensor. Looking at a PCIII next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts