Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a chance that i may be moving to salem OR in the spring. i was just wondering how the riding is, on and off road, and how the local dealerships are. any info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Course, Salem isn't as cool as Portland.

In fact, it's a little lame.

But, there are good roads around it, so that makes up for quite a bit, I suppose.

What are you doing that could locate you in Salem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mother said:
I say he is a hitman

that is the only reason to move to Salem
ok, bear with me. originaly im from wisconsin, i moved to phoenix for a year, then, i hate to say it........texass. i knew texass was bad, but wow, you really need to experience it. i wont say what i do yet, i wish i was a hitman though. what is so bad about salem, ive never been to that area of the country. ive been to most of the western states, what does it compare to. there may be a job offer for me there, thats the reason for relocation.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
well

it is the capitol so it is filled with politicians

and

crackheads tweakers (times and drugs have changed)

actually before I go flaming the individuals let me just say

The place just has no soul

it doesn't have a "home" type feel

it has the feel of a place that you go to to get something and leave

and

it is full of tweakers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mother said:
well

it is the capitol so it is filled with politicians

and

crackheads tweakers (times and drugs have changed)

actually before I go flaming the individuals let me just say

The place just has no soul

it doesn't have a "home" type feel

it has the feel of a place that you go to to get something and leave

and

it is full of tweakers
Most places have those. politicians and tweekers. i saw alot of tweekers in phoenix, that place is a dump. is it expensive to live there? have you folks lived anywhere else? ill be visiting in janurary to see for myself, im just trying to get opinions. thanks for the reply, people in texass dont even wave when you see them on a motorcycle. texass is the worst part of mexico ive ever seen. ;D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Most of us who extoll the virtues of Portland have lived many a place.
Salem is not Portland.
It's not that bad though, it's just not that good. I have a couple friends there.
My buddy bought a place about a year ago for $250k in a newer residential, I think it's 3 bed 2 bath, double garage, big yard, shed, yadda yadda - I would say housing in Salem is pretty cheap for what you get.

It's certainly greener than the pictures of Texas (i've never been.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toolfan said:
Most of us who extoll the virtues of Portland have lived many a place.
Salem is not Portland.
It's not that bad though, it's just not that good. I have a couple friends there.
My buddy bought a place about a year ago for $250k in a newer residential, I think it's 3 bed 2 bath, double garage, big yard, shed, yadda yadda - I would say housing in Salem is pretty cheap for what you get.

It's certainly greener than the pictures of Texas (i've never been.)
if youve never been.....dont ever go. thanks for the info. aside from the bad things, how is the riding?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
kevy said:
if youve never been.....dont ever go. thanks for the info. aside from the bad things, how is the riding?
It's fine. Riding season ranges from 7-12 months a year, depending on how tough you are. Salem is a nice 1 hour ride to the beach, or a nice 1 hour ride to the cascades, or rides up and down the valley. (Wine to wheat country)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toolfan said:
It's fine. Riding season ranges from 7-12 months a year, depending on how tough you are. Salem is a nice 1 hour ride to the beach, or a nice 1 hour ride to the cascades, or rides up and down the valley. (Wine to wheat country)
thanks for all the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.