Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just desmogged my M900 and love the naked look with no side panels. The wiring harness and trash on the right side was easy enough to relocate under the seat/behind the frame. Does anyone have any ideas for moving the electrical trash that's attached to the frame under the left side panel? I'd like to ditch the panels if possible.

M

·
0 Posts
i posted a similar question, but no replies. I assume that on your bike that is the vertical coil just like my 2002 750. I'm pretty sure it could be moved up and forward but no father back. The plug wires have not much slack. I want to take my front cylinder coil and move both to a custom mounting bracket next to the rectifier but I need much longer wires for that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I moved the coil forward. I think I unplugged everything else around it and removed the regulator. I then wiggled it forward up high between the frame and the suspension. It was not easy, but I got it through. Then I plugged the rest back together around it. Maybe I'll take some pictures later.

M

·
0 Posts
I moved the coil forward. I think I unplugged everything else around it and removed the regulator. I then wiggled it forward up high between the frame and the suspension. It was not easy, but I got it through. Then I plugged the rest back together around it. Maybe I'll take some pictures later.
wiggled the wire or the coil itself between the frame? I assume the frame piece that crosses over the shock mount point from left side to right?

I''m going unbolt mine and move it up front and see if the plug wire will still reach. When i removed my air box I gained a good deal of space up there. With some nylon spacers and longer bolts both coils could be mounted to the same bracket, maybe. Easier to do than getting new wires and making a new bracket.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: Relocating elec stuff from l. side panel area[

I moved the wire and coil forward, without unplugging it. I zip-tied everthing to other wires/parts, such as the battery tray. Everything is covered up by the tank and seat. Here are some photos:

Coil attached to the battery tray:

Coil and some wire placement:

M

·
0 Posts
ah k00lio

i'll have to fiddle with placement tomorrow.

those mounting tabs are ugly, and everywhere. Wonder if its worth getting the angle grinder to em

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, those tabs are ugly, but I don't really notice them anymore. Besides, I found a new use for some of them - I'll post pics in the next couple of days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts