Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was converting from airbox to tpo beast it came with a bracket for the front cylinder coil. The vertical coil needs to be moved since I removed the side cover.

I'm thinking of moving both to a custom built bracket for both the coils and the rectifier under the seat.

Anyone have any problems with this idea?
I would need longer plug wire for the front plug, any wire suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hmmm, I've looked under the seat and there's not too much room under there. I'm not too happy to hear about long plug wires, either. If you get pods, there should be room under tank for all that... :) And then you can use equal length wires. Further, if you're building your own bracket, you could mount up aftermarket coils.

:) Chris

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once the factory emissions tank is removed there is some good room next to the rectifier. I'm probably going to move it up front with its brother..

Is it worth upgrading the coils? I notice you sell the dyna's.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yes, Dynas will work. Note that Dynas will not easily fit injected Monsters. The bracket tabs are "all wrong" and there's no way in heck a big green mean dyna coil will fit under left cover. For those who are fabbing everything from scratch, this doesn't matter and they have more freedom to use dyna coils.

If you ARE interested in this, I can offer discount by not making proper dyna kit out of your set of coils, saving me time in the build process.

:) Chris

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sent you a message...

i'm thinkin that I can mount the coil(s) to the same bracket with just a little modification. My TPO kit came with a bracket to replace the airbox mount point. I think if I replace the two bolts with some longer ones, and use two nylon spacers over the bolts to hold the coils off from each other this might work pretty good. Will make servicing the coils really easy. Plus I want to move my PCIII behind the battery and it might be getting a bit tight back there with the rectifier hanging around plus 2 coils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts