Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question for 2009 Monster 1100 owners. Reliability wise, after 15k miles how has the bike held up for you guys? Any known faults or gripes with the bike? I have to commute about 70 miles each day to school and back and plan to do all required/planned maintenance on the motorcycle, belts and major things will be performed by an independent mechanic. Just wondering what I should look out for in the long run. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
618 Posts
News Flash : Ducatis can be pretty reliable if maintenance is kept up, but not up to Japanese bike standards. They don’t tolerate lack of maintenance well, and require more than most bikes, and it’s expensive if you can’t/ don’t do it yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is an air-cooled motorcycle and as far as I know has a very reliable engine. Just want peoples opinion on this, a bit new to Ducati.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the same bike with over 27K miles and no major issues. Been very reliable and I’m looking forward to the next 27K miles ahead. Maintenance can be a bit spendy $$$, I use the dealer for belts and valves, but do my own oil changes. A 70 mile commute means frequent trips for fuel, I only get about 110 miles on a tank with spirited riding. Happy motoring!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got 66K kms on my 2009 M1100S including a dozen of track days and it never missed a beat.
Before I used a 696 to commute and sold it with a similar amount of kms.
If the bike is regularly ridden and maintained it will last until petrol engines are banned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same bike with over 27K miles and no major issues. Been very reliable and I’m looking forward to the next 27K miles ahead. Maintenance can be a bit spendy $$$, I use the dealer for belts and valves, but do my own oil changes. A 70 mile commute means frequent trips for fuel, I only get about 110 miles on a tank with spirited riding. Happy motoring!!
Understood, I love taking care of my bike just looking out for the future use! Thank you for your response. By any chance have you used any slip-ons on your bike? I am split between Werkes/Leo Vince/Akrapovic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 66K kms on my 2009 M1100S including a dozen of track days and it never missed a beat.
Before I used a 696 to commute and sold it with a similar amount of kms.
If the bike is regularly ridden and maintained it will last until petrol engines are banned.
That is awesome thank you for your feedback! By any chance have you used any slip-ons on your bike? I am split between Werkes/Leo Vince/Akrapovic.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That is awesome thank you for your feedback! By any chance have you used any slip-ons on your bike? I am split between Werkes/Leo Vince/Akrapovic.
I have the Termi slip-ons with the baffles cut in half. Just the right amount of Desmo-music.
The important thing is the remap. The choice of slip-ons is pure aesthetics.
If you can, find a mid-pipe from a 696 so you can get rid of the exhaust valve assembly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Termi slip-ons with the baffles cut in half. Just the right amount of Desmo-music.
The important thing is the remap. The choice of slip-ons is pure aesthetics.
If you can, find a mid-pipe from a 696 so you can get rid of the exhaust valve assembly.
Oh I haven't heard of this set-up before, could you possibly DM me for more info? Thank you in advance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts