Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking ahead to next riding season (Michigan, you know!), and how I might improve my technique. Anyone have any experience with the Reg Pridemore CLASS riding schools, pro or con, they can share?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
No direct experience with Pridmore's school, but I can't say enough good about the school experience in general. I just did Code's school (Level I) and am amazed at how much more I know about hidden bad habits and poor skills driven by normal human survival reactions - and I've been riding since I was 16 (now over 50)

Even Code gives props to Pridmore, Schwanz, and the other top name schools in his brochure's section on shopping around to find the right school for yourself.

So, I'd say hope for some feedback on Pridmore's school, shop around, and definitely go for it.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Also no FHE about CLASS, but from what I've read and heard, it has a reputation for being one of the best for the street oriented rider.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hi Rob!

I've taken two of the CLASS riding schools and would LOVE to do it again now that I have the Monster. I would very highly recommend that you take it. It was worth every penny I paid and then some. You get some very basic classroom time that is used to cover some elementary principles and answer any questions you have. You get divided into two groups - the "A" group is for the faster, more experienced riders, and the "B" group is for the track newbies. Reg's school is probably the most street-oriented of the schools I've seen advertised, too.

The first year was very nerve-wracking to me. I don't know why but I was very intimidated by being on the track. The morning sessions were spent tooling around just getting used to the environment. The afternoon sessions went better. I loosened up quite a bit, especially after riding two-up with Jason Pridmore. What an eye opener! I understand they don't do that anymore, and it's too bad.

The second year I was far more comfortable and better prepared mentally for the day. I did much better and had a total hoot of a time.

If you can swing it financially, do the two-day sessions. You'll get far more out of the experience. I really like Reg's style, and his classroom sessions are easy to understand and very he's very patient (unless you do something really dumb). And btw, if you're at all nervous about road riding with concrete to asphalt transitions and that nasty sealer strips they put down, do Mid-Ohio, and I guaruntee you won't be afraid of them any more. ;)

Definitely do it, Rob.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Don:

Thanks for the very helpful information. Sounds like a winner.
And good to hear from you, by the way. Hope all is well down there in Columbus!

Regards,

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts