Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to recommend TapeWorks (http://www.tapeworks.com/) for their great job in creating a bunch of custom reflective decals for me. I recently purchased an Arai RX-Q helmet in plain white color. The plan was to decorate the helmet with reflective decals and pin stripes. I'll post a few photos when I'm finished with it, but so far so good. I feel much more "conspicuous" now!

TapeWorks cut me numerous custom decals, and even went to the trouble of sourcing original EPS files. Now I'll have a one-of-a-kind helmet which I can strip down and change when I'm bored of it.

Here's a link to their Ducati logos too: http://www.tapeworks.com/Logos/logosatoz.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I would love to see some snaps of your helmet. I want to do something like that. How difficult was it to apply them to such a round surface?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I would love to see some snaps of your helmet. I want to do something like that. How difficult was it to apply them to such a round surface?
If the decals are small (3" or less) you can get them to sit smooth on the round surface. You have to gently stretch them as you apply them. I also added reflective pinstriping and that stuff is really easy to apply.

For longer decals (like the word "Ducati") you would want to apply it where the helmet is flatter (like on the sides).

I'll post a photo soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Al E. is reflective !?! Outstanding! One question on your top post, did you provide your graphic images to tapeworks, and if so, what was the format? It appears they typically have a cost minimum around $35. For custom graphics is it more? Nice work.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
One question on your top post, did you provide your graphic images to tapeworks, and if so, what was the format?
I found them all at http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

I just emailed jpgs to them, and then they sourced out original eps files. If they have to start with just a jpg, then yes, it will cost more. Otherwise, it just goes by size and number of colors.

And yes, Alfred E. Neuman is reflective too! :)

I got the reflective pinstripes here: http://www.streetglo.net/reflective.tape/

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is a great idea - I used to buy 3M reflective material in sheets, cut them out into shapes/logos/etc and slap them on the lower back of my helmets (since I was usually forward leaning on sportbikes) - your helmet is the highest point when you're on the bike, makes sense to make it as visible as possible

·
Registered
296 Posts
Neat, very nice! So you are a Maple Leafs fan?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neat, very nice! So you are a Maple Leafs fan?
Um, sort of. Well, I was. I don't really follow any pro sports anymore aside from some pro cycling stuff.

I was born and raised in Toronto, and remember the last time they won the cup. But hockey has lost its way in the interim. The rules aren't enforced properly and the game bores me now. I sill go see a live game once or twice a year, but I'm not passionate about it anymore. I used to referee in Toronto and even used to manage a rink (and drive a Zamboni), but it doesn't mean the same thing to me anymore unfortunately.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, I know how things go. One gets into other things! I'm a originally from BC Mainland living in Alberta Edmonton! I do enjoy a live hockey game here every now and then! In the winter you gotta do something indoors!

·
Registered
1 Posts
www.nightglowdesigns.com

Hello all, those decals look amazing. I want to offer our services for these kind of custom reflective pieces for all your bike needs.

We make custom pieces for your bikes and helmets. The other user was right, smaller pieces are easier to place on helmets because the longer and wider the pieces the harder it is to mold around a round helmet. We only use commercial grade reflective vinyl which have the highest reflective lumen rating and can last for up to 7 years of outdoor use in good condition.

Please feel free to visit us at www.reflectivesafetydecals.com or www.nightglowdesigns.com and "contact us" to request custom pieces.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts