Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://blogs.motorbiker.org/mikewerner/Blog.nsf/dx/10082003104451MIKCA5.htm

""The final production date and cost price have not yet been fixed. This is one of the reasons why we launched the Helmet at Milan to ascertain the reaction from the distribution and motorsports enthusiasts. Every one was astounded by the technology and the helmets. We are hopeful that production shall start in around One month to begin to deliver as samples to the trade with volume production early in 2004. The helmet will be available for markets and will come with all of the relevant standards in sizes range from XS to XXL It is manufactured to the best available anti scratch anti bacteria and real ventilation system in Italy. 10 years of research and development have went into this product to give the consumer the best available product at this time. ""

From them, not from me....

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
This is way cool skier!

Here is what is does:

This is your rear view from inside the helmet! Wow :eek:

Might be distracting though... but I definitely want to check it out firsthand.

scooby ;D

H

·
0 Posts
That's pretty cool! I wonder what kind of ventilation it has? That gizmo looks like it displaces some space normally ocupied by vents.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Verrrrryyy interrrrrresting.

Hope they don't get a bright idea to put a DVD player in there! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Really neat. Hope the mirror system is adjustable. Otherwise, if cruiser riders will have a nice view, the tank-humping 916 crowd will see nothing but the sky.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Too distracting, I wouldnt know which way i'm going...

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Very kewl! I sent for more info and to find a local distributor. Hey Wacko what's a passenger? ;D

H

·
0 Posts
Hey, what about headlights at night? I don't think I'd like little lights inside my skid lid. Too much like an acid flashback. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Looks too distracting to me!

P

·
0 Posts
It kind of worries me that air vents and rear vision mirrors are taking up space inside a helmet shell.I think i would prefer more high density foam to protect my head .Seems like another technolgical distraction to take my concentration away from what i am doing i.e watching where i'm goiing

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Would be cool if there was a little switch to slide a cover over the mirror or something if you don't want it for a period.

H

·
0 Posts
I'd say you'd have as much luck arguing that, as getting the DMV to issue your personal tag!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
vehicle code states that vehicles must have mirrors... unless you can argue that a helmet is part of a vehicle rather than riding attire, you're out of luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts