Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got and installed my rearsets. Question is they came with an extended shift linkage that if installed puts the shift lever awfully low. Do any of you have experience with this? Right now I just used the stock linkage. I have looked at Zina's page and it looks like she used the stock linkage too. Also, I didn't have to replace the rear brake line, bonus. I am surprized though they don't feel very 'rear set' they feel like high sets. I may try to fabricate more adjustment into them.

S

·
0 Posts
ditto on the linkage. i used the stock one when i was running S&P's. ditto also on the position. they ARE a little set back but barely noticable. no cornering clearnce issues with them on (header touches down HARD first).
currently running stock brackets off an ST. further back than stock monster bits or the S&P's but low. very comfortable but i haven't had a chance to really rip into any corners so i'm not sure about clearance. ultimately, i'm planning on fabbing up a set that'll be as far back as the ST's but about 1" higher.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Strati, are those you're cored pipes? I notice they don't have the flat bevel on the front.

S

·
0 Posts
nope. they're not stock monster cans. i wanted to do something different so i got my hands on an ST4 header. 45mm instead of the 40mm stocker on the s4. the slip-fit location's different on the ST so i needed to make some mufflers to work cuz running the HUGE stock ST units was not an option as far as i'm concerned. got some 50mm stainless tubing bends and some stock cans off a 748. some slicing, dicing and welding with the addition of perforated tubing resulted in a 45-50-52mm system. if i have time this weekend, i'm going to (finally!) pull the bike off the winter stands, take a bunch of picks, and update the website with more info on what went into "phaseII".

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You ARE "the never ending project guy"! I love the look of the all black w/ red frame. I have a senna and don't really like the look too much. Maybe someday...

S

·
0 Posts
You ARE "the never ending project guy"! I love the look of the all black w/ red frame. I have a senna and don't really like the look too much. Maybe someday...
the saga continues!!! just got off the phone with alex ortner... let's just say i'm giddy as a schoolgirl!!! woooooooo hooooooooo!!! goodies in 'bout 3weeks. bwehahahaha!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have the RedRacing rearsets. My bike came with them so I can't tell you whether it's using the stock shift linkage or not. However, I don't like them at all. Too narrow, too high, too slippery. I would return them if I were you and get the Cycle Cats instead.

-R.

R

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with t-viking on this one......just terrible foot placement...he is wearing sidi vertebra's....
As for the shift lever placement can't it be re-positioned on the spline?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts