Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Unsuccessfully tried to install a set of the cheapie Redline clip-ons a couple of weeks ago. After installing the controls onto the new bars I couldn't come close to getting the short front brake line from the lever to the horizontal dist.valve thingie under the dash (twin discs) to have enough slack to align the clip-ons properly. It would pull too tight just trying to get the clamp over the fork leg. :mad:

While I was wrestling with it all I could think of was the multitudes of posts on here proclaiming how easy an install the Redlines are which nearly made me lose the plot completely. :D

Anyway I've now recovered them from the undergrowth in my yard and really need to get 'em on the bike. ::)

Is this where direct brake lines come into play? Or am I just missing something?

Cheers all.

BTW, had a stage 2 jet kit fitted and tuned today, what a huge improvement to the bike. Fun to ride now without all that coughing and flat spot crap.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Dumping the hose splitter and home-running the hydraulics would make life easier as you'd just have to route from the Master cylinder.

just make sure that any lines you order are home-run type and not the length cut for the splitter

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You can try installing the clipons first, then installing the brake and clutch levers. Maybe you've already tried that... :-/

If that doesn't work, loosen the banjo bolt (where the line attaches to the lever assembly) a tiny bit, and rotate the end fitting so that it gives you a little more slack. Don't loosen 'em too much, or you may get an air bubble in the line. Then tighten 'em once you've got everything situated.

HTH

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I did it the way s-dog suggests.
Another suggestion: put the clamps on, then bolt the bars to them.

Worked fine.

Loosening the banjo bolts both on the master cylinders and on the splitter was necessary to reoute the lines with minimal strain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts