Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Red Rear Mud Guard

Zachary1,

I do not believe that a factory painted on exists, but a solution does. Click on the attached link for color-rite paint; www.colorrite.com. Select your bike and you can purchase factory matching colors for all applications. Options include pints for professional applications to spray and touch up. For plastic parts, you typically need a flex additive, after reviewing the site, I did not see an option for the "do it yourself" spray can application. Without the flax additive, over time, the paint may crack on the plastic parts. Depending on your preference and use, you may wish to get the paint and clearcoat in a pint and have a professional apply. All body-shops have the flex additive they can mix into the paint.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I saw a picture of a Monster on the Desmoworks website with a red mudguard that looked cool. The bike also had red stock mirrors. The picture might just have been modified??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just saw the picture you are referring to on the desmoworks site. That is clean paint job. Definitely not a modified pic. Check with your local dealers to see who does the best custom paint and get it done and post the pics. I estimate to prime, paint and clear the mirrors and fender should be a couple hours of labor plus material costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts