Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've got a 1999 Monster 750 Dark with a worn down rear tire and a front tire on its way… I'd say most of the time I'm cruising around and the other half on fairly strait roads driving to work. I'd like a tire with good grip but durability... I've been looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 2. I've been riding for a few years now but rarely push my bike to extremes.

Please reassure me on these tires or give me another suggestion as I would like to order them tonight.

thanks,

Philipp

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Any sport touring tire will be fine for you. I usually buy whatever is on sale.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Any sport touring tire will be fine for you. I usually buy whatever is on sale.
+1 on the sport touring option, +2 on the ON SALE part of equation.
I personally use Dunlop, but, I do push my bike a little more than you, according to your description, these have great grip and have lasted about 6000kms[4kmiles] and still have a lot to give.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so either dunlop of michelin are quality brands but it isnt so important in my case.

thoughts on the 2 ct vs. the original?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have about 500 miles on a Pilot Road 2.. no complaints. I mainly commute on it. My dealer (Indy Ducati) was able to get right at the price I was seeing online.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
635 Posts
so either dunlop of michelin are quality brands but it isnt so important in my case.

thoughts on the 2 ct vs. the original?
I asumme you mean the original michelin power pilot? This one has two different compounds, one in the center for greater longevity and another on the sides for better grip.

As said, I'm torn between the 2CT and the RoadSmarts right now for my next set, both brands have been my choice in my vehicles since 1984... OK, for my mountain bike I used Continental...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Check the thread in General Monster Forum, it discusses the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts