Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
winter riding on a monster...

not wanting to repeat last season's riding with sidi vertigo corsa air boots in winter, here in d.c.. i'm looking for boots that actually do a decent job of keeping my feet warm.

i've just ordered some gerbing heated gear, including insoles, but know the corsa air just won't do it on long winter rides in the 30's and 40's (foot warmers were the only thing that (just) kept my feet from freezing last year).

any recommendations?

i'm not worried about cost, as 100 miles away from home, i just want warm feet :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Boots; Winter riding

A few years ago I had purchased a pair of Vendramini style VT-496 Touring leather boots. I'd looked at Alpinestars & Dainese, which at the time where out of my price range, as I'd only had a few bucks left after paying for the Ducati & Arai RX-7 helmet. My dealer recommended them, an older Italian firm dating back to 1919, they are high boots, water resistant black leather, with Sympatex liner. 3 Strap with velcro closure, as opposed to zippers. They have added leather patches over the toe area where you'd contact the shifter peg. I've used them 4 winters now and although the bottoms are worn from walking, I still love them. Have yet to have wet, cold feet. I wear a size 10 1/2 wide, and these fit comfortably, unlike some other high end brands that are only made for narrow feet. I wear a good wool or wool poly blend hiking sock along with thin wool or poly long johns. When it's not too cold, I get good use out of fleece lined jeans, the wool socks and wool mountaineering long johns. These boots come in a low rise as well as high rise version. I highly recommend these boots, fit is comfortable and are waterproof, windproof. Although they're plain looking and lack the flashy design of an Alpinestars or Dainese boot, the quality and functionality are just as good. Moderately priced. Great Product.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've been using Chippewa Odessa Rally boots for winter riding. Love my SIDI Vertigo Air in the summer, but the Chippewas are double layer leather with some kind of insulation between the leather layers to keep you warm. They are fairly high boots, but work well with my Dainese Mekong leather pants.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many thanks for the input.

currently looking at sidi goretex boots in a larger size as i have some gerbing heated insoles, along with gloves, pant liners, heated vest to try and make d.c. winter riding less hypothermic :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts