Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this pretty much sum it up?

Are any listers selling these seats?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think another 'ding' on the Corbins is that they're heavy, and I recall some folks here have had fitment issues. Just vicious rumor, tho, I have neither one...

The comfort factor appears to be a very personal thing, some folks have had one, hated it and are happy with the other.

W

·
0 Posts
I must have been lucky. I had no problems at all with Corbin when ordering and making adjustments.

D

·
0 Posts

I love my seargent. I bought mine for about $260 brand new I think. I'll search in my old emails see if I still have the guys email. I'll post when I find it so stay TUNED

CF bottom, w/ nice storage space under the seat, very very comfortable. and looks good w/ out the seat cowl since I have the RED WELT which also comes in yellow and black .

D

·
0 Posts
Oh and by the way, if you need anything adjusted or fixed on the seat Seargent will usually take care of it at no cost :)....

on the other hand I have my stock seat available if anyone needs it, I'll give it up for cheap, just ping me off list if interested. I also have a Dainese Ducati Foggy Style Suit for Sale its brand new, check out the General discussion for my post, you may have to go back about 2 or 3 days

J

·
0 Posts
I just got a sweet deal off of Ebay for a brand new Sargeant seat all black from Motostrano for $250 they had a few of them on there! havent got it yet though, it's in route i will let you know what I think. I'm sick of getting my balls slammed up against the tank with the stock seat, especially after raised the ride height!
JJ

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Sweet bike Monsta.

I've just recently bought a Sargent from Motostano, yellow 900 so I got the yellow piping. Love the look and the "boys" are much happier. The compartment under the seat rocks and I haven't used them yet, but I'm sure the hooks are going to come in handy. COwl fitment is pretty tight (there's actually a warning from sargent about being really careful installing the cowl so that you don't tear the vinyl) and if you look at monsta's pic, the gap between the cowl and the piping doesn't lead itself to the monopasto look.

No experience with the COrbin, bought the sargent based on what many others have said on this board. (thats why we are here)

Peace

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to verify:

Sargent or stock seat = total misery for pillion?
Corbin = less misery, though still rough, for passenger

Is that right?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Anybody have the leather insert on the Sargent? Any comments on looks and longevity?

Has anybody ordered custom factory work on either Sargent or Corbin to have better support for the rear passenger?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I love my Corbin, VERY comfortable. I've sat on the Sargent and found myself sliding forward somewhat still, I didn't like that. The Corbin keeps me planted nicely. And the passenger area is the MOST comfortable on any bike but cruisers from the feedback I've gotten. Both my ex and current girlfriend were very surprised how nice the back area of the Corbin is.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Hey Steve,

I have a Corbin for my '02 750 that I'm considering selling. I rode it for two days and wasn't convinced, but obviously many people like 'em. You're welcome to swing by and try it on your bike for size and go for a spin. I'm on Potrero Hill...

Abramo
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Does anyone have the actual weight of the:

1. Stock seat
2. Corbin seat
3. Sargent seat

Anybody have a pic of the corbin with the rear cowling on?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My stock seat always smashed my n*ts on the gas tank..

The Corbin plants my a$$ back in the seat and there is no nut smashing going on. I find I *seem* to sit further back on the seat than stock. I feel like I am reaching for the bars slightly more than stock seat.

Still don't have any passenger info... after the wife rode on the stock seat, she went out and bought a Vespa.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Ironically, now that I've installed clipons, I find that I'm forward on the seat anyway (but not sliding forward, no nut smashing) and the stock seat would probably work as well as the Sargent. It takes me a lot of arm stretch to sit back on the seat, and I'm 6'2". I have pretty low clipons though. Regarding pillion, I think the Sargent is perhaps less comfortable because it allots more of its length than stock to the rider (hence more comfortable for him/her) and less to the passenger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts