Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll do a full report a little later.

For now, All I've got to say is that sometimes I REALLY don't like cars. :mad:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Wasn't perfect for riding with the cars and stuff, but was fun to be out and about with you guys anyway. Also fun to ride the Duc for a change.

Warming up with a hot cup of tee now.

-R.

S

·
0 Posts
I think I can sum up the ride...

Cars suck.

Cold sucks.

Gravel sucks.

Getting on the 10 and realizing you are halfway to Palm Springs.....well the ride home always sucks.

Riding with you cats...always fun.

Let's do this route again in the spring or summer.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Did Phillip and I miss something after we all split up or just cars in general. The ride down the way we came wasnt too bad.

P

·
0 Posts
If I hadn't chosen the boring route home it would have been better. Regardless, I really enjoyed myself. Thanks for all the advice today Ducman. I look forward to riding with you guys again

( By the way the names Patrick )

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
DOH!!! Sorry was watching South Park DVDs with the kids. You know Terrance and Phillip ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:mad: When I'm King, Cages Will Be Banned From Twisty Roads :mad:

What a circus.

No, John, you didn't miss anything. That's the crime of it. Ryan, David and I did the rest of the road to Banning, and other than about 2 miles of free running, we spent it poking along behind parades of brain dead tourists. You might think that three barking, snarling Ducatis would induce a synapse or two to fire, and that they might make a tiny effort to let us by....No such luck. I'll stop my rabid dog imitation now.

David, I don't want to bum you out, but we were 3/4 of the way to PS from your house. :p

Anyway...I hooked up with David, Ryan John and Patrick at the infamous Cowgirl Cafe. After a light breakfast (har), we set off.

A short section of slab, then a decent spin out Cajalco Road, onto Lake Matthews Drive and Santa Rosa Road. I had done Cajalco before, but the others were some new turf. My bike felt squirmy on some of that pavement, did you guys notice the same thing?

After a slight 'detour' south of Perris, we found the 74 and rolled through Hemet.

We always look for the coolest places to hang out:

Finally, more twisty road on the way up to Idyllwild. For some reason, a LEO travelling the other way saw fit to point his finger at us. Kinda rude really, we hadn't done anything wrong. And he couldn't have seen it even if we did. Go figure.

A nice lunch in Idyllwild, and John and Patrick split off to head back home. Daivd, Ryan and I rolled the rest of the way to Banning, as I mentioned at the outset. Grrrrrrrrr.

Then onto the slabs, and home.

Overall, lots of cars, plenty of gravel and a bunch of cold. Glad to meet you Patrick, and it was good to see John again. As always, good to ride with David and Ryan. Hoping that next time we ride out here it'll be better.

·
Registered
849 Posts
:mad: My bike felt squirmy on some of that pavement, did you guys notice the same thing?
Yup. Most notably in the first twisty section and then to a lesser extent going up the mountain. Felt my tires when we stopped for lunch and they were COLD. Just wouldn't get any heat in them despite the 28/30 rear/front I had dropped down to.

Coming down we were going so slow I didn't experience any of that, was battling mostly gravel/ salt.

-R.

S

·
0 Posts
David, I don't want to bum you out, but we were 3/4 of the way to PS from your house. :p
It was only a short 110 miles to home...

My front tire still had the tire mold oil crap on them...everything felt squirmy.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was only a short 110 miles to home...
It was exactly 100 for me. The longest stretch I've ridden in a straight line on a motorcycle to date. I squirmed at the thought of my tires, but I think I'm over that now :)

-R.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
You guys must have icewater for blood! Too cold! :eek:

Rideon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts