Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kig Tut 73(DML'er)

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
That was nasty...

I'll go along with the ride safe thing, but as much as I'm into gear, I don't think there's anything that you could put on that would be that "truck proof"...

--Fillmore

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I"d liked to find the newspaper article on that crash to see exactly who was at fault.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Scott,

Where in Mexico have you been run off the road? I used to spend a lot of time in Baja and it really is ridiculous how bad the drivers are there. At least the Mexican government has finally banned trucks with 3 trailers. It used to be pretty scary seeing that third trailer swinging back and forth 10 feet behind the big rigs...

-Jordan

H

·
0 Posts
Ally, That was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen...Please don't do that again.Seriously

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually........ I think it is important. Next time I will give you a warning.

S

·
0 Posts
What was the article about? I didn't want to sign up for the site (don't know what it is).

·
Registered
117 Posts
gruesome pictures of dead rider and passenger after head-on collision with a truck.

Ally, seriously, what kind of gear would protect one in head-on collision even at 40MPH?

And what kind of "safe riding" would save you from a truck that comes into your lane unexpectedly?

Seriously - what is the point of this post. The ONLY effect it may have on somebody is selling the bike and never riding again.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I agree with mtm. There is not much use in looking at those pics unless you want to be sick or learn about the human anatomy.

mitt

W

·
0 Posts
I won't thank you for that link...without knowledge of what happened, considering the bike seems to be in the wrong lane, this is nothing but voyeurism of other people's suffering.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I, for one, will thank you for that link. A picture of someone's face collapsed inward is that little tap on the shoulder I need to remind myself to be extra careful on my bike. Sometimes I find myself getting a little cocky or a little distracted and things like this, although unpleasant, are good warning signs for me (better than any posted speed limit :-/).

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
There's just no hiding from this post. It's on every friggin discussion board. rotten.com stuff. [smiley=dissappointed.gif]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts