Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High 50's today in New Jersey... beautiful riding weather. Now, if I had listened to the winterizers out there I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little here, too... I took it slow into the corners to be safe. Only saw a couple other bikes on the road.

Hey, that makes 500 posts for me! Strangely, I'm enveloped in feelings of self loathing...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Here in southern indiana it was 65 today! rain though - I still haven't winterized yet - too nice out still. I should have had to mid december at the latest - weird weather. I hope to get a couple more rides in still.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My winterizing involves dropping the bike off at the shop for a week to get some service done when they're not as busy as in the summer. Once I get it back I should be able to ride at least once a week.

I'm glad I no longer live in a snow state. ;D

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i don't believe in winterizing. just too many jan and feb thaw days. as long as it's clear, electrics will keep you warm. i try to remember to stay more vertical and enter turns slower. two days ago i avioded a pothole in the middle of a turn big enough to eat a gold wing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The winter of '77-'78 I was living with my girlfriend in the back of beyond in Caithness and the snow was so bad that a blower had to be flown in from Switzerland to unblock the main road into the county. We got in to work on our bikes, she had a b120 Suzuki and I had a Bultaco Sherpa, I used to have to stop every so often and put my hands round the barrel so my fingers would work again but we just got on with it. Aint no 'winterizing' in this house.

G

·
Up in NY metro with dry roads and temps above 40 degrees, I am out riding...

at least long enough to get the condensation out of the crankcase and move the fuel through the float chambers

I never winterize as the bike is never idle for more than 3 or 4 weeks (except for last winter)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Hey, we made it thru Nov.& Dec., only have Jan. & Feb yet, we can still ride , as long as the snow and ice stay away!!

G

·
no winterizing here either. 322 miles yesterday, went up to the blue ridge and went up/down the mountain as many times as possible. very ,very sweet!!!!!! saw alot of bikes out and talked to a few folks who live local, some great advice. only thing to watch for was wetness in the shade, man it was slick! im glad i put on new rubber friday. well, goin' back out now, still 70ish here and very rideable.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yea...I went riding last nite in Jersey...it was great!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Winterize? What the hell is that? We saw 80 deg today. No clouds, little wind. Sure was nice on the water. Bikinis in January is a good thing to make you forget your bike is at home.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Hey, we made it thru Nov.& Dec., only have Jan. & Feb yet, we can still ride , as long as the snow and ice stay away!!
YIKES!!! by Wednesday, here in Pa., it is supposed to be a high temp of 28!!! UGH!! might curb the riding to work in the morning with it being in the single digits!!
Hopefully this cold front will leave before any precipitation is expected!

Arizona will look mighty good by the end of the week!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If I told all of you that you all suck, would that make me anymore unpopular that I already am? Todays high was 24, tonight single digits and with the wind chill -20. I spent the last 2 days plowing and salting what went from a 1-3 inch storm to a 7-9 inch storm. We actually got 6. Anyone who lives in a sunny state like Fla., Ca., Az., etc I wish I was you!!!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I think as long as you live in New England you can kiss winterizing goodbye. What's the point? One day it's 20, the next it's 65. Then it's a blizzard, then everyone is out sunbathing. Bahhh!
Winterizing for me has been riding the bike or sitting on it in the garage with it idling. That keeps the juices flowing, and that's good enough for me [smiley=cool.gif]

G

·
Normally, in Buffalo, you put the bike to bed in October, and wake it up in LATE April. I haven't put mine to bed yet, this season... ::)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts