Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Are rearsets worth the cost? Other than looks, what are the benefits?
Appart from having the looks you also get:

Better riding position = Better control = Better riding = Faster riding = Spending $$$ on rear sets...

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Better looks...subject to they eye of the beholder, of course. Otherwise they're great for track use and don't fold, unlike stockers. You can get replacement billet footpegs which offer superior traction and are available in many colors, if that's the issue. Otherwise, billet, and carbon fiber are primarily for looks...though billet aluminum is stronger than factory stuff and, in great quantity, carbon fiber bits are lighter too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
some of them are also adjustable so u can have the pedals just the way you like it

·
Registered
94 Posts
way to go

adjustability is top priority
go invest the money
plus it looks 1285 times cooler and nicer
so by all means, save up and buy it

tho some time even with the adjustable rearsets by rizoma on my 620
I feel legs are a bit jammed up, after a while
knees are aching a bit or it could just be the fact that my rizoma
hve to extend outwards to accomodate the pessenger pegs.
so my footrest is quite wide.

but hey, it looks nice. admit it

e.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the Woodcraft ones and I am really stoked on the riding position which gives me so much more control of the bike....and of course more clearenace on the twisties.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While we are here, can anyone identify these? Came off a 2000 M900 and would like to buy a replacement pair.

Is it possible to buy the pegs alone in the event of a tip-over?

Cheers

·
Registered
635 Posts
While we are here, can anyone identify these? Came off a 2000 M900 and would like to buy a replacement pair.

Is it possible to buy the pegs alone in the event of a tip-over?

Cheers

They seem to be Style & Performance, old style...Should be able to purchase pegs...Contact the sponsors or visit their pages for more info..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rizoma rearsets for 696

These bad-boys are spendy, but sooo nice. The adjustability rocks! For the 696 you will need to get the passenger pegs too, unless you never have a girl with you...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts