Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing some nice stock rearsets on ebay that have come off some SPS and other Ducs. I was wondering if any of these might fit on a Monster? $50 for a decent set of mono rearsets is looking pretty good right now. ;)

-dj

·
Registered
796 Posts
Good question, I need some new sets for my 94 and if I knew what else would fit I would have options. It seems like alot of Ducati parts are interchangeable. I guess someone just needs access to alot of bikes to see what will fit and what wont.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The only other stock OEM rearsets that will work on a Monster are from an 851/888. Those are rare and probably as expensive as buying aftermarket...

Supersport rearsets will fit, but the angle is exagerated to the rear quite a bit when fitted to the Monster frame and none of the people I know who have tried it (myself included) felt that they were a reasonable option.

HTH,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I think you're right Jeff. I was just digging around looking at other Ducs to see what might work, and the different angles of the frame seem look like they would mount pretty far back.

Ah well, I got lots of time to plan the next couple of mods, as all of them seem to require spending a few hundred $$$. ;D Cash is a bit scarce right now though due to Christmas, so I've begun the next step in my 'cleaning' process. :-/ Lots and lots of gunk left over from the last owner...

S

·
0 Posts
The only other stock OEM rearsets that will work on a Monster are from an 851/888. Those are rare and probably as expensive as buying aftermarket...

Supersport rearsets will fit, but the angle is exagerated to the rear quite a bit when fitted to the Monster frame and none of the people I know who have tried it (myself included) felt that they were a reasonable option.

HTH,
--Fillmore
actually, stock sets off an st bike also fit. i'm running a set off an st4 currently. position is further back than stock but about same height.

·
Registered
584 Posts
900SS rearsets will fit. They are quite a bit up and back. I didn't really mind them, but they interfere a lot with my high pipes, so I took them off.
Dion

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something I realised about this is that I'd have to fabricate some sort of pipe hangers to go with the rearsets.

Hmm... I might give this a try if the cost is low, just to see.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
actually, stock sets off an st bike also fit. i'm running a set off an st4 currently. position is further back than stock but about same height.
He he he... I always forget that Ducati makes those. ::)

--Fillmore

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have I mentioned how much I like the diamond plating on your bike strati? Might have to steal that idea... ;D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have I mentioned how much I like the diamond plating on your bike strati? Might have to steal that idea... ;D
I totally plan on stealling his idea. Strati, feel like giving us some insight on how you molded your diamond plate for the subframe?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
--Fillmore
Yes please dont buy those ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Strati! That pic really helps a lot. I was looking at this mostly to create a little more room under my Corbin seat, so I can actually fit my little tool set and registration papers. Right now there is no room at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts