Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I am trying to find rear set that is lighter than the stock one but simple(less screws) like the stock set.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The S&P rearsets for the S4 are prett simple in concept, and MUCH lighter than the stock parts.

The stock parts are 5.9lb for the peg assemblies PLUS the weight of the rear brake lever and gearshift lever (I don't have the weight of the pedal and lever), whereas the S&P rearsets are 2.2lb INCLUDING levers if solo, and add 2.2 lb more for passenger mounts and pegs.

The CycleCats offer WAY more adjustment range, but are heavier (still lighter than stock), but have much more complexity to them.

See my other recent postings on weight reduction and rearsets for more details.

Jim G

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, I have read your posting but I probably won't go for the Cycle cat(I think Italian bike would go better with Italian made accessories,not American made)Rizoma is nice but too many screws(I have seen these complicated socall racing setup that got loosen or lost screws after period of riding) I know they both has more adjustability that's not what I am after for my Foggy MS4, I am looking for simple design & lighter weight,and similar position as the stock rearset&peg :-/
P.S. I'll look into S&P.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow, Strati, again you are THE MAN with all the well researched and well documented information!

Well done!

Jim G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts