Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a spill and cracked the stock RHS rearset casting on my 1998 M900. I'm trying to find the silver lining here and so would like to take this opportunity to replace the ugly OEM rearsets with something nicer looking. I don't need passenger pegs, and the bike has high-mount exhaust cans - so no need for anything other than a single footpeg and a control lever on each side. I am a sport touring rider (not an easy task on a monster!) and for the most part happy with the stock footpeg position, so I am primarily after an aesthetic improvement, rather than a radical change of footpeg position.

I don't find many options that are specifically for my year M900 as I troll various forums and online shops.

This seems to be an option, but I haven't gotten any response back from MW on how well will work with my 1998 monster's frame - can't find an old Duc Perf. catalog to see if this is indeed where this part comes from.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...For=&collection=168|European Motorcycle Parts

Perhaps there are some rules of thumb for interchangeability between my 98 M900 and other Duc models/years?

Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
They look substantially identical to those (which I bought used) on my '97, but I have low pipes. When I broke one of the pegs, MW had a spare that fit perfectly.

jD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhh...that sheds light on things - thank you both, very much!

The DP set looks nice, and doesn't cost much more than the S&P, so I'll probably lean towards DP...just need to talk myself into them!

I suspect I'll end up wanting to buy this as well...to put the pegs back where they were stock-wise

http://www.desmotimes.com/product19a.htm

-tom

·
Registered
215 Posts
i believe this is the part number for the DP ones, and they are pretty expensive $694.60.

don't quote me on this

966010AAA

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The set at Motowheels was not Ducati Performance, it was "MS" brand, and they are out-of-stock, with no more expected. Seems that Style & Performance and Ducati Performance are the the two best options that I can find, at this point.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

-tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts