Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a set of DP rearsets, and on Motowheels website it says "Banjo style brake switch is recommended to retain rear brake lights ." What the heck is a banjo style brake switch? Any help is apreciated, thanks! http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=38%7CAluminum%20Billet&productID=204&showDetail=1&categoryID=45|Ducati%20Monster%20Billet&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
brake switchydoo that replaces the non-switchy banjo bolt on the rear brake's master cylindar. stock, there's a seperate switch for the brake light (you'll see it when you remove the stock pegs).

so instead of trying to save the stock switch, you can buy this and replace the stock banjo bolt and still be able to use the rear brake to turn the brake light on. dear god that was confusing.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=116%7CDucati%20Brakes&productID=3643&showDetail=1&categoryID=475|

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
That looks simpler than the microswitch I was going to use. I LIKE having the brake light activated by the rear brakes, so I can "warn" following vehicles without really slowing down. I do wonder, though, how much pressure (and, therefore, real slowing) it takes to activate the switch.

Thank you very much for the question and the link.

·
Registered
704 Posts
iBike said:
That looks simpler than the microswitch I was going to use. I LIKE having the brake light activated by the rear brakes, so I can "warn" following vehicles without really slowing down. I do wonder, though, how much pressure (and, therefore, real slowing) it takes to activate the switch.

Thank you very much for the question and the link.
it should be adjustable... [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The switch uses hydraulic pressure, there is no adjustment. You need to apply some foot pressure to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Vindingo said:
Does anyone know if these rearsets fit with highmounts?
I don't see why not... no FHE, though, since I went w/CC rearsets...

"upgradable to biposto" implies (to me) that it'll work w/either low or high mount cans, provided you don't want a pillion [thumbsup]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts