Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm noticing the when pulling away from a stop, or under hard accelleration, it feels like my back wheel is slipping. It almost feels like the clutch is not fully disengaged causing the rear wheel to slip. I have a pretty new chain and sprocket. My clutch is on the way out (18K) and most likely will need the plates replaced during my next service. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks All!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply chris! Thats what i'm figuring. Any suggestions for aftermarket clutch plates, etc? Is it really worth the upgrade of going with a new clutch setup, ie. evo, yoyodyne, etc... TIA!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
the clutch slave cylinder does not affect the clutch's performance. the clutch itself has plates in it... i can offer barnett aftermarket cltuch kits with either steel or aluminum friction plates. the aluminum ones are a little more quiet. from what i understamd the barnett kits are 1/2 the price of ducati oem.

the yoyodyne clutch slave cylinder affects the amount of force required on the lever to release the clutch. they are superior to the OEM part (as well as other aftermarket brands) in that the hydraulic parts are very very reliable. i have never had a customer complain that their yoyodyne clutch slave cylinder didn't work upon installation. and the only time i've had someone complain that it failed was when their clutch throwout bearing siezed and the push rod then literally bored a hole through the clutch slave piston. yoyodyne will offer 50% off replacement of the first time this owner-induced failure happens to a customer. :)

:) chris

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
definitely it's the clutch..

It was raining last week here and I got to experiend 'rear wheel slilppage'.. I was in first gear, taking off from being stopped at an intersection and must've hit some oil or something.. got a little rear-end wiggle, and a jump in RPM.. it was very exciting.

Oh.. you'll know it when you get it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Another nice place for rear wheel slippage is in those gas stations that are all realy smooth concrete... get a nice rolling start and just goose it! but be careful... nah on the other hand, life is too short to be too careful!

H

·
0 Posts
definitely it's the clutch..

It was raining last week here and I got to experiend 'rear wheel slilppage'.. I was in first gear, taking off from being stopped at an intersection and must've hit some oil or something.. got a little rear-end wiggle, and a jump in RPM.. it was very exciting.

Oh.. you'll know it when you get it

Dude, I get that on dry pavement!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I had some clutch slippage (2000 900 Monster) and I must admit the clutch was a very light action compared to other Ducati's. I went to my local dealer and he just added another plate and presto. Fixed. That was 10,000 kms ago.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well I have had that problem then since the start.
20000kms on my M1000, and the back tire keep slipping, oh no, I mean the clutch keeps slipping.

You ruined my power feeling, You know it alls ..... :'(

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
To make sure it is the clutch, try to pull away in a higher gear (second should do). It will amplify (so to speak) any clutch slipage.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think this engine is either coming to an end, or it is just getting better....

Stock stuff (good italian mechanic though) and now after 2000okms service I do wheelie also on the second geat without cluthc, and the back tire keeps slipping ! (sorry, the clutch... ;D )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts