Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out when I got my BST CF wheels, the rear wheel was a 6" wheel instead of 5.75". Yesterday I noticed that the wheel rim was starting to rub on the swing arm. The great folks at Motowheels will exchange it for a 5.75", however its going to be a week or two. In the mean time, I'm going to have to put the stock rear wheel on. I have a track lesson scheduled for Monday and I cant miss it. Will there be any problems with having mismatched wheels,( CF front, stock rear), besides looking bizzare ?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Karen ran a mag rear and stock front on the trackday we did.
(had problems fitting the front until Norm fixed it up)

didnt have any problems

G

·
Turns out when I got my BST CF wheels, the rear wheel was a 6" wheel instead of 5.75". Yesterday I noticed that the wheel rim was starting to rub on the swing arm. The great folks at Motowheels will exchange it for a 5.75",

·
Registered
86 Posts

didnt have any problems
I'm always off topic, must have ADD.

What kind of fairing is on karen's bike? Looks like one of the Givi's from motostrano, but I can't really tell. And is she running clip-ons? There doesn't seem to be much room for error with the small slot on the side.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aside from looking a bit goofy, nope... should be fine riding. bummer about the fitment issue.
The fitment issue is a bummer, but could be worse if Motowheels were not the cool folks that they are.

I still think that even with the 5.75" wheel, I'm going to have problems if my chain stretches too much. No one said it was going to be easy ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

didnt have any problems

Thanks Monster H. I wonder how weird the stock wheel is going to feel after the CFs. I guess I'll find out !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts