Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
I've just returned from a deployment and it's been a while since I've rode the duck...

I can't remember one thing and it's driving me batty!

Does the '01 M900 have a rear running light? The brake light works, but I just realized yesterday that the running light wasn't working! The brake light will but that is it! Could this be a fuse? Is there a separate bulb (I didn't see one)

Thanks ahead of time

Chuck

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah you have a running light, if the brake light works the socket and switches are probably good, the brake and the running light I believe are on the same fuse. The bulb is a dual filament job, and the cheapest part in the circuit, try replacing that first I'd be suprised if that wasn't the problem.

p.s. glad youre bck in one piece I did a few MEU and UDP deployments and leaving my bike was hard (missed my wife too)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not unheard of to eat taillight bulbs due to vibration. You might try to find a "truck bulb" aka heavy duty. Filament may be tougher.

Okay,
I've just returned from a deployment and it's been a while since I've rode the duck...

I can't remember one thing and it's driving me batty!

Does the '01 M900 have a rear running light?

·
Registered
96 Posts
This isn't related to an electrical issue, but have you guys run into your taillight plastic brackets cracking from the vibration? These brackets have a rubber washer to take some of that vibration but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried fixing with epoxy but no success. I sure as hell donot want to fork out the money for a new tailpiece just because of the those brackets.

Have you heard of this happening to anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The running light is the connector on the right (as it's mounted). Sometimes the connector - made of the finest materials know to man, of course - can work away from the bulb if you've been messing with it. My fat fingers managed to do it. Try pulling the bulb out, then mashing the connector farther down into what is now a void. That way, when you replace the bulb, it will have GOOD contact.

Putz - which BLTs? East Coast guy, I take it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
It can happen. If you have overtightened the taillight, that can worsen the problem. If the brackets are broken, you could replace them with aluminum stock bent to an L shape. Cut off or smooth the area where the brackets are/were, then bolt the aluminum L brackets in place. You can paint the brackets and bolts black. The locatio is pretty much out of sight anyway. This would save buying a new tailpiece.

This isn't related to an electrical issue, but have you guys run into your taillight plastic brackets cracking from the vibration? These brackets have a rubber

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
My rear taillight burnt out three times withing two weeks after chopping my tail.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
This isn't related to an electrical issue, but have you guys run into your taillight plastic brackets cracking from the vibration? These brackets have a rubber washer to take some of that vibration but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried fixing with epoxy but no success. I sure as hell donot want to fork out the money for a new tailpiece just because of the those brackets.

Have you heard of this happening to anyone?
Mine cracked all to hell as well. I opted to just put a new one on as I couldn't find anything on eBay. Good news is that the part is only $20.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bloodshot...
Where did you pick up the LED taillight...was it a sinch to install? Any mods needed?

Thanks
Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts