Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what brand do you use for a rear stand? and why? id like to pick one up soon and im looking for some opinions.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I use the Power Stand from www.parts411.com. It is very good quality. I really like it & it was a great price. I got front & rear for the price of one Pit Bull.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hav you thought of a centre stand Steve?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as in a center stand mounted on a bike? or just a stand that lifts the bike from the center (not from the swingarm)? no, i havent. whats the advantage?

and how do you get a bike up on a rear stand? just lift it while its on the sidestand? or is it a 2 person operation?

thanks for all the replies.

M

·
0 Posts
the powerstands cost as much as the pitbulls.... how'd you get a front and rear for the cost of one????

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Handy stand also has front and rear stands together as a package; $99.00. Works great, super sturdy, quick delivery and reasonable shipping costs...

M

·
0 Posts
Handy stand also has front and rear stands together as a package; $99.00. Works great, super sturdy, quick delivery and reasonable shipping costs...
don't know about super sturdy... i've seen a collapsed handy stand before... whereas the pitbull and powerstands have much more substantial tubing and are reinforced. the pit bull and powerstands have better leverage making it easier to lift bikes.

also with the handy stand package you can't work on your forks as you can with the undertriple front stands. those are considerations when you are shopping for stands.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I used to have Handy stands and now have Pitbull. Pitbulls are better stands, but Handy's still a good value.

S

·
0 Posts
I have a pit bull and love it, you can really put a lot of torque on the bike without having to worry about it tipping or the stand folding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Piranha rear stand. Works great, not expensive as PitBull. Got it from dealer in NH but can't find a website from a quick search. Will add a front stand someday.

Tip: keep the underside of swingarm clean, otherwise it'll have a tendency to slip forward, but no danger of bike falling over.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Pit Bull rear stand and I love it. Sturdy enough to use when trailering to and through the mountains from FL.

·
Registered
125 Posts
SDMIKE got the Kowa fork and rear stand, I pm'd with him and got his take on the quality of the product.

I ordered mine from Kowa today, front fork stand and universal rear stand $89.00 for both :eek: (can you say combo DEAL!)added the spool adaptor for $9.64 plus shipping.

But if ya want to take advantage of both stands for $89.00 you'd better act now as it ends friday 8/29.

The dude i spoke to at Kowa said it was a price mistake in a national sportbike ad, but they are honoring it untill this friday.

Only drawback, backordered possibly up to 6 weeks!

I'll wait! ;D

·
Registered
206 Posts
woo-hoo! jumped in on that deal myself!

cheers!
steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
cool tm, per your pm, the special is not on their website, when you call you have to ask for the $89 stand deal...hurry ends 8/29/03!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts