Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into some new rear sets for my M750. I've looked at motowheels and around some other sites for new rear sets and surpisingly the cheapest I've found were Fast By Ferraci. Any of you have these? What about Cycle Cats, those are really cool except they are expensive, also I saw spareshack has S&P which look really similar to some on motowheels for about $450, cept the ones on motowheels are about 535 bucks. What about compatability with high mounts? What do you think?

G

·
i ran S&P's on my monster for quite a while. great stuff and not pricey at all (for rearsets) from spareshack.

G

·
Check into the Cycle Cats, as the have had a substantial price drop. I think about 100 bucks or something like that. They are the most adjustable that I know of, and the craftsmanship is second to none. Best of all, They're awsome to deal with if you run into a problem. Just my input.

G

·
Installing my cyclecats tomorrow. If they half as good on the bike as they do off than they will be a bargain. ;D Installation looks easy enough but adjusting could take time since it is virtually unlimited (they say 72 possible positions.)

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for all of your help. I ended up going with the Ferraci sets. Unfortunately my wallet can't always support this ducati thing I have going on.
Patrick
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Motostrano dot com has a great deal right now on FBF rearsets ($399). I think these are the same as Red Racing. Not sure though. These guys also have the best price I've seen lately for the Evo Clutch slave cylinder. I've never ordered from them though so I can't recommend one way or the other.

G

·
You guys that have the Cycle Cat rearsets- how close to the stock location can they be adjusted? Iwant to dump the passenger pegs, but can't just hack the original brackets. I really don't need the pegs further back, my bad knees and hips won't take it.
I've got the DP high cans, so don't need the hangers.

G

·
if you don't want to hack your stock bits so that you can revert if need be down the road, you may's well try to score some take-offs and hack them up instead. if you like the position, why blow the dough on aftermarket bits?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm with you motorep. I don't particularly like the look of the stockers, but at my height, the last thing I need is higher pegs!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Cycle Cat rearsets can be adjusted so the peg is in the same position as stock. They can go approximately 25% lower and 75% higher over their range of adjustment. The peg can also be located 3/4 of an inch further forward or farther back. Check out the web site of a visual diagram of the available positions.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so both FBF and motostrano.com have those FBF rearsets on mega back order. Joe from motostrano.com was a HUGE help and gave me a sweet deal on Rizoma's. That site is great by the way. Pretty much the cheapest aftermarket Monster stuff I have seen. I definetely recommend. He also has all the Cycle Cat stuff as well, just in case you want to check into it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Wheelinman, I'm in the same situation - M750 with high mounts. I've been talking with Motostrano about the Ferracci rear-sets also. I want something with passenger pegs (and the Ferracci's look like the pass. pegs are easily removed). Any reason you went with the Rizomas, other than the wait for the Ferraccis?

G

·
the S&P's have optional removable passenger brackets. i found this to be very apealing when i was running high-mounts. i could bolt 'em right on when my favorite pillion was up for a cruise and could leave 'em off 90% of the time when riding solo.

check out motowheels.com and spareshack.com... they both carry them (pretty much the same as the FBF setup) for very decent prices. less expensive than the rizoma's from what i recall. or you can also check 'em out at redracingparts.com. great prices and shockingly quick shipping from the motherland (italy). good folks to do business with. note that they don't come with mounting hardware though (bolts). chris kelley sells a stainless bolt kit for the S&P's through www.ca-cycleworks.com for a fair price and it beats looking for stainless metric hardware from home-depot/lowes...

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really couldn't afford much more than the Ferraci's, as I stated earlier, I was amazed that something from FBF was the cheapest aftermarket piece I could find. I know that the FBF sets will work with high mounts because I have seen them on other bikes. Also the Cycle Cats have a specific model for high pipes. I went with the rizoma's pretty much for the reason you stated, they were the cheapest thing available, which would have been the FBF's but they weren't available. I'm trying to get my bike back to riding condition so I can enjoy the parkway and leaves. Those rizoma's are really nice too, and have a great reputation, plus Joe gave them to me for a great price since the FBF's are on super back order. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money but the rizoma's are a lil better as far as adjustability goes. One other thing that sucks is that I had to pay for passenger pegs on the rizoma's since the lil woman wouldn't allow me to spend all this money and she still couldn't ride.
All in all, I just couldn't wait around for FBF to figure out what they are going to do, and 480 bucks on rizoma's is just an outstanding deal (thanks Joe), so Rizoma's it is. I'll post pics and what I think when I get them on. The FBF's sound like they won't be in for a LONG while
-Patrick

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wound up ordering the Ferraccis from Joe at Motostrano. I'm in Vermont, and I only have a few days of riding left (in very cold weather), so the back order doesn't bother me. I'll get them in time for next spring (or Daytona bike week).
I can't wait! Hopefully, no more moving my feet around to shift or brake, and no more ground down shift lever!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a stock set I will be selling shortly if anyone is interested. Make a reasonable offer before I post them on eBay ;).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts