Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend good rear sets for my 900. I will be using them for a track bike, so in other words I will probably go down so I don't want to spend a lot of $$$. I currently have cycle cats on my 996 and they are great but I don't want to wad 500-600 rear sets.

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
S&P's. got some pics/details on my site.
best price i've seen's on redracingparts.com but they don't send the mounting harware. chris kelley sells a bolt-kit for them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd imagine you could buy replacement pegs and levers for the cyclecats in the event of a laydown...

i have S&P's they'll run somewhere in the 300 range for mono to 500 for the biposto... replacement foot pegs are like $25 a pop.... levers are about $85. knock on wood i haven't had to order a replacement set yet...

stuart at spareshack has a couple of selections... some quick and dirty and others more pricey like the rizoma's.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have S&P's on my bike and there are a couple pics on my site if you are interested. They were around $500 for biposto, which you need if you have low pipes.

As for levers, I bought some replacements on ca-cycleworks for about $12 each. They look just like the OEM ones.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
s4ninja... i was referring to the foot levers for the shifter and rear brake... sometimes those'll bend or grind down in a lay down. i'm thinking that with the cyclecat frame sliders that the shifter wouldn't touch with fixed rearsets... i'll have to look into that. maybe strati already knows? ;D ;D ;D ;D

i use the $11 lp levers for replacments on the clutch and front brake though... the paint strips easily, then i polish 'em up with a dremel, and spray over clear lacquer. look good as brembos after i'm done and don't cost no $50-60 a piece. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whaddayamean i might know? oh... oh yeah...

yep the S&P's hold up splendidly. footpeg ground down and toe eccentric for the brake lever got bent. spares are pretty cheap (thanks to spareshack!), and easily replaced.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you were just trying to help a biker save money... nothing wrong with that... i likes my cheapo levers and i'm glad chris carries them.

i should have been more specific there's more than just one lever on a bike. ;D i was just trying to poke fun on strati...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts