Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a source for the aluminum spacer washers that are used to space-out and mount the rear sets on a monster. My termi-high mount system came with an assortment of spacers but I bought the setup used and the assortment was kind of hodge-podge. I think my sets are spaced out too far as they clear the pipes by a lot more than they need to and I'm dragging my brake lever in hard corners.

I would imagine some huge online hardware store would carry these, but was hoping some of you had already sourced a set out and knew of a good retailer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05 620 Dark. Stock rear sets. Termi high mount exhaust. I am looking to get some cycle cat rear sets, but before I put them on, I'd like to have a stack of washers so I can space the sets out JUST enough to clear the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
We have them in billet in 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and 1/2 inch. They are anodized in whatever Cycle Cat color you want. You will need to call to order.

Chris Calovini
Director of Business Development
Cycle Cat/OnCycles/Moto Millennia
[email protected]
614-577-8080 x 102

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
so why don't you just order the Cycle Cat rear sets specifically for hi-mount exhausts? That's what I got for my 620 w/ hi-mount SilMotor pipes.

Your stock peg holders are much lower than most after-market rear sets, that's why they're dragging. This is the point of getting rear sets, to get your pegs further back (and higher, which is more comfortable for most of us, or adjust them however you like, the CC's are adjustable).

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Or just go on down to your local hardware store and go through the bins.
I doubt you can find aluminum, but the weight difference will be measured in grams, if that's the issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies. Toolfan, I've never seen any washers at the hardware store that are thick enough... most are 1/16" thick or less.

Industrial_Grrl, I am planning on getting the DRS43 sets which clear the high-mounts, but they don't come with the spacers and I don't want to use the ones I have installed now because they are (and will) space whatever rear sets I have on the bike out too far. In my current setup, one of the mounting bolts doesn't even thread all the way through the frame because the spacers are too thick for the length of the bolt. The doubled-up spacers also look shoddy.

Chris, thanks for the reply. I sent you an e-mail directly as well but looks like you answered here first! I will order a stack of those spacers when I order the DRS43s.

Thanks again all!

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts